What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910G will not turn on most of the time.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so basically I have a friends Galaxy Note 4 and it won't turn on most of the time, and the only times it ever turns on is when it runs flat from doing the power button trick without the battery in for like 3 minutes about 30 times in a row. Then when it does turn on it stays on the Note 4 stock boot screen then turns off eventually. I have a spare note 4 and the main priority is to back up the data on the phone. Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this?

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure what you mean by "power button trick" so please explain and maybe I can understand more, but it sounds like something is damaged with the hardware. Does it start the boot animation of only the 'Note 4' solid screen? Can you start the recovery mode on it (Power+volume up+home, hold it for 15 sec), if so then it might be recoverable.

Thepredatormlg

Thepredatormlg

IT Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can make it to recovery mode there is a lot of potential fixes. Do you know if the phone has been rooted? If so you have some potential issues that could be causing the problem from that area as well.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
If you can make it to recovery mode there is a lot of potential fixes. Do you know if the phone has been rooted? If so you have some potential issues that could be causing the problem from that area as well.
its not rooted, and I can not get to recovery mode.

Top Bottom
Login
Register