• Thread starter Zoid in Code
  • Start date
  • Views 874
Z

Zoid in Code

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How can i root my device I have tried super one click but that wont work :frown:

Any ideas and links?

shabbypenguin

shabbypenguin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
dont use root genius, it uses some app called kinguser and you have no idea of what its doing. root genius takes exploits that are publicly available and wraps it up in the gui and does what they want, chances are OP could use something like kingo/towelroot and be fine.
All publicly available programs use publicly available exploits. And he said that he has tried superoneclick, which has a few rooting methods integrated into it, to root his phone already, so that's why I linked him to this one. I haven't tried kingo root with this particular phone, but generally kingo doesn't work very well with android versions pre-2.3 or even 4.x. And I don't think that towelroot even supports anything before 4.x. I could be wrong, thought.

shabbypenguin

shabbypenguin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All publicly available programs use publicly available exploits. And he said that he has tried superoneclick, which has a few rooting methods integrated into it, to root his phone already, so that's why I linked him to this one. I haven't tried kingo root with this particular phone, but generally kingo doesn't work very well with android versions pre-2.3 or even 4.x. And I don't think that towelroot even supports anything before 4.x. I could be wrong, thought.
My point is when people like jcase/dan rosenberg publish an exploit they make it in a useable package. they some jerkoffs grab that exploit and repackage it into a fancy exe that tries to get them donations/ad revenue while never crediting where the exploit came from.

http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2011/11/11/plagiarism-in-the-android-rooting-scene/

Top Bottom
Login
Register