Samsung Drive Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by nxxb, Jul 2, 2009 with 26 replies and 851 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    So I flashed my Toshiba-Samsung drive with ix1.6 and when I put everything back together it didn't eject. The tray ejects fine with the top metal part of the drive case off, but when it is on it looks like it is getting stuck on the magnet inside. So I bought another drive top and it's on it's way here now. However, here is my question. Sometimes my backup games (burned copies) won't load. It will give me disc is dirty error or just say "Open Tray." When it doesn't load a disc and gives me those errors the drive makes a weird clicking sound. It sounds like it is coming from the lens itself. Is it because I do not have a top on my tray at the moment and dust is getting in the lens? Because when I clean it with a rag it works fine for a bit and then when I go to put in another game it has the error problem again. Any solutions would be awesome thanks guys!

bump

2. GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13 Getting There

Ratings:
    Best Bet Is To Get A New Drive Benqs Life Span Isn't That Great!
    There's A Fix But It Did Not Work For Me, You Gotta Adjust The Left Screw Behind The Laser!

3. OP
    nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of any shortening of life expectancy of the ODD after modification. Does that occur in all drive types? Not the same problem of course but do problems arise in every model as a direct result of modification?

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Benq is one of the best drives to have....

5. OP
    nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    Does anyone know if the disc tray cover will help? And if not, does anyone know where I could find a Benq drive? Preferably not ebay, that is where I got my Samsung and it is broken apparently. I had a Lite-on to star but I bricked it on accident. Thanks again guys!

6. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Samsung's are kinda picky drives so the type of disc may be your loading problem. If you are using verbatim's then it is definitely the drive. To me it sounds like your drive is just reaching the end. It will probably need to be replaced. You can buy a benq for $32 on ebay. Don't listen to what that other guy said. Benq's are one of the best drives you can have and they read just about every type of disc.

7. OP
    nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    Well I have two friends that I flashed their Benq drives and it took me about two minutes for each one and they have had no problems at all. I wanted to just buy a new 360 that had a Benq in it so that the Benq would be the default drive. Would it work better if it was the default drive or if I just bought one a spoofed it? Or would it even matter?
    Also I am using Memorex but one of my friends is using Verbaitm so I might just see if it's my media by using his disc lol.

8. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    There is no performance difference between a spoofed drive and default. It will work perfect as long as you spoof it correctly.

9. OP
    nxxb

nxxb Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay cool, thank you I guess I will just be on the market for a Benq drive then lol.

10. EclipseModz

Ratings:
  11. GRINSPANKER13

Ratings:
    Oh And By The Way I Called Up Microsoft And They Told Me They Are Putting Liteon Drives In All The New Xboxes Because All The Other Drives Including Benq's Don't Last That Long

So Don't Say **** When I Called Microsoft! "18004myxbox"

12. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    lol

1. Turn off caps lock you look like an idiot posting like that.....
    2. Everyone knows that they are putting lite-on's in all the new 360's Thats news is about a year old......
    3. Just stop before you make yourself look like even more of an idiot.

13. GRINSPANKER13

Ratings:
    1. Caps Lock Makes Every Letter Capital...Idiot
    2. I Didn't Say They Are Putting Liteons In All New 360's
    3. I Said Microsoft Told Me Liteons Are The Longest Lasting Drives
    Therefor The Reason For Putting Them In The New 360's

Benq's Life Span Is Not That Good...I Know Have Replaced 3 Benq Drives Well Microsoft Did And They Said They Will Change It To A Liteon...

14. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    lol

Then this site doesn't have that cap lock mod then like i thought it did. That just made you look like a massive retard. Why would you capitalize every word? hmm did you not go to school? Did you not learn grammar in english?

Im done here. There is no point in arguing with someone that believe's everything microsoft tells them.

15. GRINSPANKER13

Ratings:
    Cap Lock Mod! Haha Lmao Cap Lock Has Nothing To Do With A Site, Any Site! Idiot
    And I Type How I Want...

Also The Only Reason I Believe Them Is Because I Have Two Xbox 360's Bought About The Same Time

Elite With Benq
    And Orginal White Xbox With Liteon

The Benq Has Been Fixed 3 Times
    The Liteon Not Once!

And The Fact The They Told Me Makes More Since Then What You Are Implying...
    You Make Your Self Look Dumb!

16. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    So i guess i will be a hypocrite and post again.
    On how many benq's i have flashed and seen i have never seen on break. Im am almost 100% you induced the drive breaking... Or are you just saying the 360 with the benq broke so the benq must suck when it was probably the 360 that broke? Hmm.
    Yes there is such things as a mod that takes post that are in all caps and makes it look just like your post. So don't call me an idiot for that.

I laugh at each and every one of your replies. Keep em coming.

Edit: This time i am done with this thread. Thanks for the laughs

17. GRINSPANKER13

Ratings:
    It Has Nothing To Do With The Flashing And Not The Xbox Didn't Break Smart *** I Said Microsoft Replaced My Benq 3 Times, They Might Have Just Replaced The Laser... So This Last Time They Changed It To A Liteon Saying They Last Longer

I'm Just Listing Facts About My Benq...Which Are Good Because They Are Easy To Flash But Liteons Are Better In The End

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CLOSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

18. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    BenQs are great drives.... I dont know what you are smoking....

Ive never EVER seen an issue with a BenQ drive

And you dont get the final say in when something is closed :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  19. GRINSPANKER13

Ratings:
    Google Benq Drive Gone Bad....
    If Benqs Were Good They Would Have Stuck With Them
    And I Put Closed Because I Was Done

I Gave Proof So....
    Whatever

20. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Or they wanted to try to prevent 360 modding and made the hardest drives to flash standard.....