What's new

Solved Samsung drive not recognised.

C

CHiLL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DosFlash isn't recognising my Samsung drive. Everything is plugged in, I've unplugged my main DVD drive, but it's still not recognising it. I've tried turning on the 360 before turning on my PC, I've tried turning on my PC before I turn on my 360.

My VIA card is a 'VIA 1394 OHCI'. I've looked for drivers on the disc that came with it, and there aren't any. Windows seems to have installed drivers on it's own though.

Bump. Think I've found the problem. I'm using a card with the 1394 chipset, but from what I've read you need a card with the 6421 chipset. Can anybody confirm that this is my problem?

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
you dont need any drivers for dosflash, only if you are using jungleflasher. just make sure that the drive is receiving power and try a diffrent port on your via card. If that doesnt work, just consider it a via card problem and go buy a 6421

C

CHiLL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Guess I'll have to. I've tried using every port possible on the card and it's not working.

Scratch that. The card I have is a 6421. However it looks like it could be faulty or something. I can't find it anywhere in Device Manager and when I try to install the drivers it can't find the hardware.

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Your bios wouldnt say 6421 because it would need drivers to be able to detect that, just make sure that your pci settings are sound.

C

CHiLL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just tried booting into Dos. Couldn't detect the device. And yeah, the card is connected properly.

One thing that I don't understand. I can't see any mention of a controller in my BIOS, but when I check the boot priority screen, there is an option to choose 'ATAPI CD-ROM'. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that's what DosFlash can't find, but should be able to find?

C

CHiLL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just tried another card. Not working either. Guess I'll have to remove one of my graphics cards just to test if it's a faulty slot.

Top Bottom
Login
Register