• Thread starter DrCheesyNipples
  • Start date
  • Views 16,856
DrCheesyNipples

DrCheesyNipples

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For some reason Safari and Email have just totally stopped working and so has the Email app. I already uninstall Cydia Substrate and it's still not working. Can anyone please help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
For some reason Safari and Email have just totally stopped working and so has the Email app. I already uninstall Cydia Substrate and it's still not working. Can anyone please help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Oh god I completely forgot to post how to fix this. It's really easy. If you have appsync installed, remove it, then open ifile, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete these two files:
com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore
com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
Then reboot and they should work.

DrCheesyNipples

DrCheesyNipples

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god I completely forgot to post how to fix this. It's really easy. If you have appsync installed, remove it, then open ifile, navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete these two files:
I ****in love you man. You're like the ios God, thank you.

GIitch

GIitch

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Any idea how to fix the Weather and Calculator apps? My Safari and Mail apps stopped working yesterday and I got that fixed, but my Weather and Calculator apps stopped working today.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Any idea how to fix the Weather and Calculator apps? My Safari and Mail apps stopped working yesterday and I got that fixed, but my Weather and Calculator apps stopped working today.

I had the same problem, a lot of my stock apps were crashing. This fixed all of them. Are you still having the problem, even after you did what I said?

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

I'm having the same issue, I just followed your instructions up to removing those two files, I don't have them on my device.to remove.

Edit:

Removed them and my iDevice has been on the white boot screen for about 6 minutes straight now.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the same issue, I just followed your instructions up to removing those two files, I don't have them on my device.to remove.

Edit:

Removed them and my iDevice has been on the white boot screen for about 6 minutes straight now.
Are you sure you removed the correct files? If you removed one wrong file, that could be causing the problem. Have you tried hard rebooting it yet? Remember, when you do the hard reboot, the new version of Cydia Substrate has an unusually long boot time of around 1-3 minutes.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure you removed the correct files? If you removed one wrong file, that could be causing the problem. Have you tried hard rebooting it yet? Remember, when you do the hard reboot, the new version of Cydia Substrate has an unusually long boot time of around 1-3 minutes.

I actually had to restore it. I reinstalled the same items, and ran into the same issue, and after my 2nd attempt at deleting the files you had listed I left it t reboot for 14 minutes (Timer). So I've restored it again. I'm good on jailbreaking.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually had to restore it. I reinstalled the same items, and ran into the same issue, and after my 2nd attempt at deleting the files you had listed I left it t reboot for 14 minutes (Timer). So I've restored it again. I'm good on jailbreaking.
I take it appsync was one of those you reinstalled?

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, it came with appcake. I removed it again.

Just don't use appcake or any apps like it. Even though they say AppSync has been updated for iOS 7, it still causes issues like this and there is no fix for it. This one apparently doesn't work on all devices.

Tritonal

Tritonal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Their is also another way that temporarily fixes it:
1st - uninstall ipa app handaler (ex appcake, vshare) along with app sync
2nd - go to settings<safari-> clear cookies & data and clear history
3rd - go to settings<general<reset<Network settings.
4th - done

Top Bottom
Login
Register