What's new

Discussion [S3/S17] What ranks did you make it to this season?

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I made it to diamond I-II this season (finally), after joining mid-S1/S15. I had to take essentially a month off from the game due to some pressing things happening in life. Finally played a bit the other night and felt like a rust bucket!

Let's hear yours!

What's your highest competitive rank?
What's your highest extra's rank?
What's your tourny ranks?!

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't played in about a month now. I've reached GC in the following:
2's
3's
Dropshot
Hoops
Rumble (GC2)

And I believe I've won a tournament in the GC rank for tournaments this season.

BTW, all of this was playing by myself since everyone I use to play with never gets on (*cough* TerminatioN TerminatioN - I did get all of these without just "touching" the ranks lol and quite difficult when not playing with a consistent squad...solo q'ing is ruffffff).

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I made it to diamond I-II this season (finally), after joining mid-S1/S15. I had to take essentially a month off from the game due to some pressing things happening in life. Finally played a bit the other night and felt like a rust bucket!

Let's hear yours!

What's your highest competitive rank?
What's your highest extra's rank?
What's your tourny ranks?!
I sat hardstuck in plat for a few months a long time back when I was not willing to change my playstyle to suit the game/tm8. After I learned how helpful doing that is, the highest I went up to was about d3 (about 20 mmr off c1, darn). As of now, I'm mid diamond in all playlists! I think I also have a diamond tourny win as well in "S2" (or so they say, after that annoying season count reset

solo q'ing is ruffffff
This was absolutly the worst part about RL for me, tilting in solo q while none of my friends were on to play with me.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I sat hardstuck in plat for a few months a long time back when I was not willing to change my playstyle to suit the game/tm8. After I learned how helpful doing that is, the highest I went up to was about d3 (about 20 mmr off c1, darn). As of now, I'm mid diamond in all playlists! I think I also have a diamond tourny win as well in "S2" (or so they say, after that annoying season count reset
hmu, I'll hop on a smurf and we can play and point out a few things for you. I'm def going to be rusty hopping back on so I may just be at the diamond level so it could be a nice warm up for me lol And I think my smurf is at diamond so we should be good :smile:

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I finished off S3 one game from a diamond rewards. Trying to get placements done before work for S4/S18 and this is possibly the most infuriating thing… getting paid with people who leave as soon as one goal gets let in off the kick off.

I haven't played in about a month now. I've reached GC in the following:
2's
3's
Dropshot
Hoops
Rumble (GC2)

And I believe I've won a tournament in the GC rank for tournaments this season.

BTW, all of this was playing by myself since everyone I use to play with never gets on (*cough* TerminatioN TerminatioN - I did get all of these without just "touching" the ranks lol and quite difficult when not playing with a consistent squad...solo q'ing is ruffffff).
How far into GC were you roughly before you took a vacay? I remember a point you were just a few wins off the next rank the last time we talked

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember a point you were just a few wins off the next rank the last time we talked
I thought I got it that night we had talked for 2's and 3's. I already had the rewards bc of the alt lists, esp rumble. Fairly certain that I got well over 10 wins in both 2's and 3's at GC but no telling. I might try getting those early this season to see how I do...I just enjoy que'ing for hoops, ds, and rumble all at once when I'm by myself. Doesn't seem like the ranks really reset that much this season, and it doesn't show "unranked" any more, so I think bc I was gc, it put me at c3 in everything.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought I got it that night we had talked for 2's and 3's. I already had the rewards bc of the alt lists, esp rumble. Fairly certain that I got well over 10 wins in both 2's and 3's at GC but no telling. I might try getting those early this season to see how I do...I just enjoy que'ing for hoops, ds, and rumble all at once when I'm by myself. Doesn't seem like the ranks really reset that much this season, and it doesn't show "unranked" any more, so I think bc I was gc, it put me at c3 in everything.
I didn’t get any reset for this season so far, Atleast in 2 and 3s… I haven’t played any extras yet for my sanity sake.
where I left the day before the reset is where I joined back in at. I wonder if last time played had a factor in in the ranks - like some other games, where play time is a big factor in keeping ranks up?
I do enjoy seeing my rank as I progress through the first 10 matches though, rather than guessing if I’m hard division down or up from the previous season.
Maybe by the end of this season I’ll be halfway to C1 or even closer and will be half competent to mess around with you if you hop on a smurf ?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn’t get any reset for this season so far, Atleast in 2 and 3s… I haven’t played any extras yet for my sanity sake.
where I left the day before the reset is where I joined back in at. I wonder if last time played had a factor in in the ranks - like some other games, where play time is a big factor in keeping ranks up?
I do enjoy seeing my rank as I progress through the first 10 matches though, rather than guessing if I’m hard division down or up from the previous season.
Maybe by the end of this season I’ll be halfway to C1 or even closer and will be half competent to mess around with you if you hop on a smurf ?
I've been getting trashcan teammates this evening. I think I won 2 tourney games and 1 non-tourney game. About 10 losses across 3's, 2's, hoops, and ds. Maybe more. Frustrating night. Somehow the other team always had what appeared to be SSL's while I get what felt like a freakin plat player(s).
Peanut Butter Wtf GIF by Jif

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been getting trashcan teammates this evening. I think I won 2 tourney games and 1 non-tourney game. About 10 losses across 3's, 2's, hoops, and ds. Maybe more. Frustrating night. Somehow the other team always had what appeared to be SSL's while I get what felt like a freakin plat player(s).
Peanut Butter Wtf GIF by Jif
Me and my normal duo had probably the same record. Think we won 3 games total out of 10 played in a mix of comp 2, casual 2, and heat seeker doubles. I am looking forward to 2-3 weeks from now when the balance of ranks settles out!

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm waiting for Gardzz Gardzz to carry me to grandchamp still, but in answer to your question, the only gamemode i don't play with people better than me is 1s in which I was Diamond 2. All my other gamemodes are carried :roflmao:

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

This was absolutly the worst part about RL for me, tilting in solo q while none of my friends were on to play with me.
I went from being an aggressive player to forcing myself to sit mid/back fields over the past season, due to my team mates (random que) having the same play style as me. At first, it was nice, but then so many silly goals and losses accumulated that I took breaks from the game.
I need to really sit down some day and do trainings for a few hours again, I'm super rusty on just touching an aerial for a slight redirect to an open portion of the map - and being low diamond is really costing me games left and right as it's just slightly faster than plat was.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I went from being an aggressive player to forcing myself to sit mid/back fields over the past season, due to my team mates (random que) having the same play style as me. At first, it was nice, but then so many silly goals and losses accumulated that I took breaks from the game.
I need to really sit down some day and do trainings for a few hours again, I'm super rusty on just touching an aerial for a slight redirect to an open portion of the map - and being low diamond is really costing me games left and right as it's just slightly faster than plat was.
Rotation is always key. I break rotation now and again, especially when losing by a couple goals with a minute left. Otherwise, I try to just wait at mid, in dubs, waiting for an opening.

With regards to practicing, there are good custom trainer packs that you should be doing for a 20-30 min warm up each day. If you have access to workshop mods (I dont think epic has that yet...I could be wrong), then doing the aerial control and dribble challenge ones will vastly improve your abilities and confidence. Playing 1v1 is also great at improving your overall skill. I suck at ones but I'll hop in every now and then as a warm up.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Rotation is always key. I break rotation now and again, especially when losing by a couple goals with a minute left. Otherwise, I try to just wait at mid, in dubs, waiting for an opening.

With regards to practicing, there are good custom trainer packs that you should be doing for a 20-30 min warm up each day. If you have access to workshop mods (I dont think epic has that yet...I could be wrong), then doing the aerial control and dribble challenge ones will vastly improve your abilities and confidence. Playing 1v1 is also great at improving your overall skill. I suck at ones but I'll hop in every now and then as a warm up.
I'm still on console unfortunately, no workshop maps - just community built maps using the standard core maps and trainings... Which are okay, not the best of course as there's very strict limitations.

Ones is an absolute brutal slap to my face as to how bad I really am sometimes?. I'm definitely super rusty on aerial touches, couldn't even get a proper set up to attempt any sorts of a dribble last couple nights.
Sport Fail GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm still on console unfortunately, no workshop maps - just community built maps using the standard core maps and trainings... Which are okay, not the best of course as there's very strict limitations.

Ones is an absolute brutal slap to my face as to how bad I really am sometimes?. I'm definitely super rusty on aerial touches, couldn't even get a proper set up to attempt any sorts of a dribble last couple nights.
Sport Fail GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop
It's tougher on console but you need to go into free play and learn how to get your dribbles going and how to properly set up your own aerials. Free play is your greatest friend on console.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's tougher on console but you need to go into free play and learn how to get your dribbles going and how to properly set up your own aerials. Free play is your greatest friend on console.
You're being too logical right now. There is a greater friend, who is much more secretive....

Uninstall

On a serious note though, I do need to sit down for a day and just practice... It would do no harm except to help me get better in the long run. I wish I had more free time to sit and practice in reality -- ie finding this game in the 16-17 era would've been perfect for me. But, I brandish the Est. 2020 tag instead.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe level 5 lol
I don't play this game much anymore but still enjoy it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register