• Thread starter RadioactiveSkin
  • Start date
  • Views 7,008
RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
So, my school blocks running certain .exes. I figured there has to be some way around it, I figured maybe it would have to do with notepad?

Does anyone know how to run an exe through another program so that it is undetectable?

H

heeheex2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make it a bat file

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Reaction score
make it a bat file
I figured if they blocked exes, they'd block .bats too.

I'll give it a shot, does anyone else have any backup ideas?

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Reaction score
That might be a good idea.

The reveal of UT3 in flash gave me ideas. Would that work?

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
So, my school blocks running certain .exes. I figured there has to be some way around it, I figured maybe it would have to do with notepad?

Does anyone know how to run an exe through another program so that it is undetectable?

How exactly, does your school block them?

When I was at school, hrmmn, 8 years ago, their 'security' for this, was simply filenames. So, my trick, was to renamed whatever the hell i had as notepad.exe, and run it. After a while, they beefed it up somewhat, but all i needed to do, was to put my 'notepad.exe' in the same place as the proper exe. Just as simple.

Honestly, you want to try some stupidly simple s***, as most school IT admins are simple.

Put it this way, my schools admin account, used the old Admin/administrator as the user/pass combo LMFAO.

Also, CMD is a hell of a tool on locked systems, lets you get to control panel and all that fruity s***

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Reaction score
How exactly, does your school block them?

When I was at school, hrmmn, 8 years ago, their 'security' for this, was simply filenames. So, my trick, was to renamed whatever the hell i had as notepad.exe, and run it. After a while, they beefed it up somewhat, but all i needed to do, was to put my 'notepad.exe' in the same place as the proper exe. Just as simple.

Honestly, you want to try some stupidly simple s***, as most school IT admins are simple.

Put it this way, my schools admin account, used the old Admin/administrator as the user/pass combo LMFAO.

Also, CMD is a hell of a tool on locked systems, lets you get to control panel and all that fruity s***
Well, there's a 'software restriction policy' I can play it if I move the whole thing to My Documents, but I'd have to do that for every computer I log onto.

They blocked usage to the CMD, but your method seems to have to merit.

So I just rename UnrealTournament.exe to Notepad.exe?

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Well, there's a 'software restriction policy' I can play it if I move the whole thing to My Documents, but I'd have to do that for every computer I log onto.

They blocked usage to the CMD, but your method seems to have to merit.

So I just rename UnrealTournament.exe to Notepad.exe?

Yeah, that worked on my schools computers.

Now, you can make a bat file to copy files from your memory stick to your documents, to make that part easier, although launching the exe from CMD should bypass the block, if the admins are n00bs.

As for them removing your access to CMD, how have they done that? Is the run option missing from the startmenu? Does winkey+R not work?

If both of these options are not viable, i *think* you can open notepad, view the help file, and open a file from that window, at least this is how i sort of remember doing it in college, granted i was baked out of my head most of the time, so memory is shoddy (damn music courses).

Failing all of these, you should be able to copy cmd.exe to your memstick, and use it by pasting to your docs as you suggested.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
make a notepad
open it
write : Command.com
save as Command.bat

run, enjoy your CMD!
that how i do it :smile:

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that worked on my schools computers.

Now, you can make a bat file to copy files from your memory stick to your documents, to make that part easier, although launching the exe from CMD should bypass the block, if the admins are n00bs.

As for them removing your access to CMD, how have they done that? Is the run option missing from the startmenu? Does winkey+R not work?

If both of these options are not viable, i *think* you can open notepad, view the help file, and open a file from that window, at least this is how i sort of remember doing it in college, granted i was baked out of my head most of the time, so memory is shoddy (damn music courses).

Failing all of these, you should be able to copy cmd.exe to your memstick, and use it by pasting to your docs as you suggested.
I tried, and no luck.

They have somehow manage to block only certain access to CMD. I can't do much else than ping trace or help commands. Andything else yields a message "The has been blocked by the administrator." Or something similar.

So far, I have found success in just pasting the whole program in My Documents, for some reason. It works for now, but I have to paste it into every new computer I log onto.

I'll try the notepad Idea, otherwise, would I get more opportunities if I put Notepad++ on my memstick?

K

KyleBoyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, everyone has this problem... The solution is quite simple... To unlock certain features such as control panel, run, command prompt, ect... make and run a .vbs file that writes the registry... I have one at my school, it works 100%. and most schools use internet explorer, so whatever you are trying to run, just rename to iexplore.exe or something like that...

~Kyle

Top Bottom