Discussion [Rumour] Free to Play Coming to Xbox

• Thread starter Buzz Lightyear
  • Start date
  • Views 4,660
Kikotron

Kikotron

Reaction score
Sin$
Mabye they will finally make a good mmorpg for the xbox?

That would be interesting! :biggrin: No need for a computer no more! jk, lmao.
But still... sounds very very interesting.

-7s Modz-

-7s Modz-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

28948-220719-2.jpg
According to industry sources, Microsoft is in the process of developing a micro-transaction system to bring free to play gaming to the Xbox 360.

What does this mean? You get the game(s) for free. The catch? You pay for in-game items or special upgrades, giving you premium access to said game. Not bad, given that nowadays, you spend in excess of $40 for a video game, then have to pay additional costs to get the full experience.

A good example of free to play is Team Fortress 2, which is the latest video game, available on Steam, to hit free to play.

Microsoft, always looking at ways of making a profit. I applaud them though. They are to give the consumer free games, but not forcefully want anything in return. The option is in your hands, as well as your wallet.

Sources:

that sounds pretty cool

---

---

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like this, when I play COD, I only like it for Zombies, so hopefully I could just buy the zombies part and save 2/3 of my cash.

Deh Mud Duck

Deh Mud Duck

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
wait wait what?! F2P? I have no clue so do you just get the game and pay for chapters or get the game free and pay for addons or something else I've never heard of this type of game before I feel slow O.o

Z

Ziox Xenon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heard about this ages ago, where you pay for the Items 2.g Guns, armour.

TheFrenchMan

TheFrenchMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it should be the other way around buy the games free everything else

D

Dante iZ STR8

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah if they make another a decent mmorpg like Phantasy Star Universe, I'll look into it. :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register