What's new

Discussion RTX 3080Ti Release.

Madman

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Sin$
So the RTX 3080Ti is due to release in December, I have around 3000 USD saved for the occasion and plan on building a new computer around the new graphics card. My question is what does everyone think of the new graphics card and how much do you think it will cost? What would be the best build for a new computer in December, I have a Noctua DH-15 so I'd need a large case. Please share your opinion. I'm thinking AMD for a processor.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm thinking AMD for a processor.
The new Ryzen chips are looking pretty nice! Which one are you thinking? With how much you are wanting to spend, I'm assuming the 9's? Will you be waiting for DDR5? Or just build with DDR4, and upgrade to 5 when the time comes? I haven't looked but are motherboards getting prepped to be able to utilize DDR5 already? If so, that could make it easy to purchase the 4's if they aren't out yet and then upgrade to the 5's once they release as it should offer a significant performance boost.
how much do you think it will cost?
I honestly don't know what it will cost. I haven't kept up with the current prices when these release.

Madman

Madman

Reaction score
Sin$
The new Ryzen chips are looking pretty nice! Which one are you thinking? With how much you are wanting to spend, I'm assuming the 9's? Will you be waiting for DDR5? Or just build with DDR4, and upgrade to 5 when the time comes? I haven't looked but are motherboards getting prepped to be able to utilize DDR5 already? If so, that could make it easy to purchase the 4's if they aren't out yet and then upgrade to the 5's once they release as it should offer a significant performance boost.

I honestly don't know what it will cost. I haven't kept up with the current prices when these release.
Most likely a Ryzen 9. will the new MOBO's be compatible with DDR5 once it's released?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Most likely a Ryzen 9. will the new MOBO's be compatible with DDR5 once it's released?
The new Ryzen CPU's are not going to be DDR5.

DDR5 is not coming for ATLEAST a year. It will also be nonviable for like 6 months at-least.

Also what are u using the PC for? If you are only gaming/streaming you do not need a Ryzen 9 CPU it will have no benefit. But you should get nice monitors and keyboard/mouse.

Gigabyte has a top tier Optical Keyboard with Flaretech optical switches that is really well built and its not too pricey.

Logitech makes the best mice in the world the G502 is standard still as its 35 bucks and the higher end mice use pretty much the same sensor (Hero sensor 3360 vs 3366 is same minus the extra DPI)

The best gaming monitor right now is the LG 27GL850 its a 1440p 144hz IPS 10bit monitor that is faster response times than ANY 144hz monitor (even TN's) while having solid colors. If you care more about appearance the Pixio PX7 Prime is slightly slower (still fast) and its got higher contrast ratio. There is also a new Pixio PX277 Prime coming soon they just posted on their emails.

NexusBoosting

NexusBoosting

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So the RTX 3080Ti is due to release in December, I have around 3000 USD saved for the occasion and plan on building a new computer around the new graphics card. My question is what does everyone think of the new graphics card and how much do you think it will cost? What would be the best build for a new computer in December, I have a Noctua DH-15 so I'd need a large case. Please share your opinion. I'm thinking AMD for a processor.
a 3060 ti omg that would be crazy, i currently have a GTX 2070 super i love it could only imagine a 3080

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
a 3060 ti omg that would be crazy, i currently have a GTX 2070 super i love it could only imagine a 3080
lol I'm on a GTX 770...#feelsbadbro

I keep watching build videos and what not and it really makes me want to build a new PC but...I gots no funds :frown:

Madman

Madman

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm crossing my fingers MOBO's in December are DDR5 compatible.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
lol I'm on a GTX 770...#feelsbadbro

I keep watching build videos and what not and it really makes me want to build a new PC but...I gots no funds :frown:
Shoot I am still running a 1070ti but before that I was on a 750ti so it was a rough experience before lol.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Shoot I am still running a 1070ti but before that I was on a 750ti so it was a rough experience before lol.
I look forward to the day I have funds I can put towards a new build. For now...it's doing alright with rocket league lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register