What's new

Question RTE on REBUG 4.65.2 REX with ProDG Target Manager

F

Fabianto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey folks,

i read quite much about rte in the past time and i decided to give it a try but atm im really struggeling.

First of all i updated my ps3 console to Rebug 4.65.2 REX. On Youtube i saw a lot videos how to install the whole PS3 SDK and how to use ProDG Target Manager for RTE. So thats fine.

But.. After i failed to set up a connection from the Manager to my Console i figured out that i have to switch to a real DEX?! The Offical Rebug Page tells the following:

FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode
(No need to install different firmware)

FEATURE – ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode
(Full Support on Normal mode, Partial Support on Cobra mode)

But its not all about just switching to DEX(Debug) Mode via the REBUG Toolbox? I read a few posts about switching from CEX to DEX (dumping nand, get your eid_root_key, switching Kernel Mode) but i think some information may outdated?

I think REX CFW isnt compatible to do all the RTE Stuff. I can use CCAPI for doing some cool stuff but if a want to use Target Manager i need a real DEX CFW? Can anybody correct me if im wrong?

Do i need to update to a real DEX CFW if i want to do all the RTE Stuff with ProDG Target Manager?

Thanks in advanced !

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe this may help your issue click here and also may help answer some of your questions. I've seen this thread yesterday and since you're on Rebug CFW this is right for you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register