RROD !

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Kowban, Jun 15, 2009 with 4 replies and 235 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kowban

Kowban Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey guys ... so my xbox just got the 3 red rings ... and i filled out all the bs you have to too get MS to send you a box so you can ship it away ... but i have flashed my xbox's drive to play burnt games. LUCKILY i saved the warranty sticker using wax paper and just put it back on the xbox without problems ... but i was just wondering if i should restore to my original FW before i send it away ... or is it ok to have the warranty sticker on the and just send it away with it modded ? let me know asap ! thanks guys

2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It's recommended to reflash with your orig firmware but people have gotten away with sending in 360s with flashed firmware before.

3. Retard in Motion

Retard in Motion Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Usually they do not check for flashed firmware when repairing the xbox. As long as the stickers attached and you dont have a hole in the side of the box i think youll be fine.

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Last time i sent mine in it was flashed and came back flashed:thumbup:

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah I really don't think they check...and if they DO check they obviously don't care I would just hate for someone to send it in flashed and not get it back when you could spend 2 minutes and flash your orig on to be safe.