RRoD!? questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by djnuno987, Feb 3, 2010 with 12 replies and 565 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    i was in the middle of a very intense game of Army of Two(backup) and it just froze which is weird since i never really experienced freezing problems on this xbox.. i rebooted than it froze on the startup screen.. same thing happened next 3 tries. then finally i get the 3 light RRoD.. :cursing::cursing::cursing:..... after doing some research on how to fix i go back to reboot and it WORKS!!

Close call but should i be expecting further issues????
    does drive being flashed have anything to do with it??

2. landr0id

landr0id Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What did you do to "fix" it?

3. Cybergate

Cybergate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Flashing doesnt really make u have a RRoD ( If u dont screw up ).
    So this might help here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/92550-permanently-fix-3-red-lights-rrod-scar.html

Good Luck :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    i didnt do anything (all i did was google "how to fix RRod") just let it cool down for 15 minutes. thanks for the link hippiskillz. i get it now.. its the xclamps that make the mother board bend. i might just do the fix just to make sure that i dont get it again

5. Cybergate

Cybergate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Would appriciate it more if u hit that nice button that says thanks for me.

6. OP
    djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    as you can see.. novice. still learning but of course

7. Cybergate

Cybergate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    good noob...JK:tongue:
    Na have fun fixing ur 360:thumbup:

8. OP
    djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    ahh it keeps coming back... anbody ever hear of putting electrical taped pennies on the chips on the back of the motherboard??

9. chaoschief

chaoschief JTAG Expert

Ratings:
    It's called the Penny Trick.

10. ramaa

ramaa Newbie

Ratings:
    Its gonna rrod again

11. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Get the secondary error code next time it RROD again. Hold down the sync button, then press the eject button. Each time you press the eject button you will get a different number of flashing lights. There should be four different numbers you get from that. Post the resulting code so we can try and help you out with a specific problem and solution set.

All four lights flashing - 0
    One light flashing - 1
    Two lights flashing - 2
    Three lights flashing - 3

Don't try fixing it yourself without getting specific information on what is wrong. The penny trick is only temporary, and only fixes certain errors. The x-clamp fix is more temporary but will not prevent it forever and only fixes certain errors. Not all 3 RROD errors have the same causes.

12. OP
    djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:

Error code: 0102 ?!?!?

console doesnt know?? am i screwed?

ok so i just checked and my xbox is still under the extended warranty for the RRoD fix. im going to ship it out for the repair, maybe. i say maybe since my drive is modded. i managed to keep the warranty sticker on their but will they know that my drive is modded? has anybody ever successfuly sent their xbox in for repair after modding??

somebody please answer quick i want to know so i can ship it out ASAP (if possible)

ok so i just checked and my xbox is still under the extended warranty for the RRoD fix. im going to ship it out for the repair, maybe. i say maybe since my drive is modded. i managed to keep the warranty sticker on their but will they know that my drive is modded? has anybody ever successfuly sent their xbox in for repair after modding??

somebody please answer quick i want to know so i can ship it out ASAP (if possible)

13. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    0102 is fixable through X-clamp + thermal paste. However I would always suggest to send it in as a precaution. They don't look at the actual drive modded but if the warranty sticker is still intact and it doesn't look tampered with in any way you will be fine.

• Like Like x 1