What's new

Solved RRoD Prevention?

C

costBOOT

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so I bought a new jtaged Xbox360 afew weeks ago. Acouple days ago it got 3RRoD with an error code of 0102 (so i assumed it had just been reflowed). The xbox has a xenon motherboard, and when I opened it I noticed it was bolt modded and had v2 heatsinks. I dont have a warrenty of any kind and dont have the money for a reball right now. I took it completly apart, put the bolts back on, made them slightly tighter on the gpu, and put the fan over the cpu while i let the gpu overheat. Its working for now but I wanted some tips to keep it cool & extend the life of it. I already ran the fan on 12v, taped the fan to the fan shroud & the shroud to the heatsinks, & am leaving the top case off for better air flow. So what else can i do?

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so I bought a new jtaged Xbox360 afew weeks ago. Acouple days ago it got 3RRoD with an error code of 0102 (so i assumed it had just been reflowed). The xbox has a xenon motherboard, and when I opened it I noticed it was bolt modded and had v2 heatsinks. I dont have a warrenty of any kind and dont have the money for a reball right now. I took it completly apart, put the bolts back on, made them slightly tighter on the gpu, and put the fan over the cpu while i let the gpu overheat. Its working for now but I wanted some tips to keep it cool & extend the life of it. I already ran the fan on 12v, taped the fan to the fan shroud & the shroud to the heatsinks, & am leaving the top case off for better air flow. So what else can i do?
Should of got it reflowed instead of using the xboxs own heat to kind of reflow it. It's not gonna last long but 12v fans add additional fans and keep it 20 inches between a wall on all 3 sides if not better. When it breaks again get it reflowed or rebelled by a pro.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It will RRoD again. When it does, do not try and fix yourself. Send to a professional to have it properly reflowed. My recommendation is to send to [member=icy-tank]. His shop is linked in my signature.

Top Bottom
Login
Register