• Thread starter White
  • Start date
  • Views 487
White

YoImBeast

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Every once in a while when i power up my Xenon JTag it gets a RROD, i turn it off, wait about 2 seconds, then turn it back on and it boots up like nothing happened .. approximately 1/8 power ups it will RROD on me. Does this mean my JTags life is coming to an end ? Or is it common for Xenons, since they arn't the most reliable 360's you can get.

Zacherz

Zacherz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends Xenon does it all the time. Like a ratio of 7:8 start ups. So, he usually just wraps it in towels, over heats it and it good and acts brand new for about 3-4 days then he does it again.

C

Crippler

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Very common on xenons. Time for some thermal paste lol. Never hurts to turn up your fan speeds in FSD as well.

Primitive

oG Bulletz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Every once in a while when i power up my Xenon JTag it gets a RROD, i turn it off, wait about 2 seconds, then turn it back on and it boots up like nothing happened .. approximately 1/8 power ups it will RROD on me. Does this mean my JTags life is coming to an end ? Or is it common for Xenons, since they arn't the most reliable 360's you can get.
Open your xbox and clear up the paste and dust and put this thermal paste http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2295069

COMBAT MODZ

B4TTL3R34DYMODZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thermal paste has nothing to do with that. its been jtagged and thats the nature of jtagging. very common. be glad u dont have a zephyr. a had a zephyr with CB 4580 (have to use falcon files) that would E79 literally every other boot up. dont get me wrong, always good to do maintanance as in thermal paste, but dont think thats the issue by what he was explaining. (1/8 of boot ups)

danmed

danmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thermal paste has nothing to do with that. its been jtagged and thats the nature of jtagging. very common. be glad u dont have a zephyr. a had a zephyr with CB 4580 (have to use falcon files) that would E79 literally every other boot up. dont get me wrong, always good to do maintanance as in thermal paste, but dont think thats the issue by what he was explaining. (1/8 of boot ups)

How is this "the nature of jtagging"??? Do you actually know what you're talking about? I know next to nothing about JTaggging but I know you are talking bull..

If the job is done correctly, then it should not cause any issues.

The OP probably needs a reball or reflow on the GPU or CPU... It will depend on what lights he is getting (there is a pattern to the lights isn't there?)

The number one reason for RROD especially on Xenon's is overheating or board flex caused by overheating.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine does this too, it always has. No, your Jtags life is not coming to an end.
I`m going to replace the diodes in mine for some really decent 1`s, and see if that cures it.
But for now, don`t worry about it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register