What's new

Solved RROD Need help please.

• Thread starter DrSpeedy
  • Start date
  • Views 285
DrSpeedy

DrSpeedy

All these flavors, and you choose to be salty.
Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my jtag has been on the frits for the longest and I've been getting all kinds of secondary error codes. Mostly 0102 but recently 0100, 0110 and a few 0022s. Anyone know what the problem is? Should I just scrap it for parts or attempt to fix it?

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my jtag has been on the frits for the longest and I've been getting all kinds of secondary error codes. Mostly 0102 but recently 0100, 0110 and a few 0022s. Anyone know what the problem is? Should I just scrap it for parts or attempt to fix it?

I have a post here about this. I talk about the E74, but it's the same for you, GPU cold solder joint.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...e74-and-how-can-i-fix-it.714919/#post-5196434

As stated, you'll need a reflow or a reball. I can reflow it for you if you want for 25 bucks plus shipping, or if you're going to scrap it, you can probably get a halfway decent amount for it in the BST since its a Jtag.

Best of luck!

DrSpeedy

DrSpeedy

All these flavors, and you choose to be salty.
Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a post here about this. I talk about the E74, but it's the same for you, GPU cold solder joint.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...e74-and-how-can-i-fix-it.714919/#post-5196434

As stated, you'll need a reflow or a reball. I can reflow it for you if you want for 25 bucks plus shipping, or if you're going to scrap it, you can probably get a halfway decent amount for it in the BST since its a Jtag.

Best of luck!
Thanks! got it working. Did the 12v fan mod and added an extra one so it hopefully won't happen again. However I completely forgot the name of the ftp app where you can get everything for the jtag e.g. FSD or dashlaunch. You wouldn't happen to know what its called, would you?

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! got it working. Did the 12v fan mod and added an extra one so it hopefully won't happen again. However I completely forgot the name of the ftp app where you can get everything for the jtag e.g. FSD or dashlaunch. You wouldn't happen to know what its called, would you?
I don't know what that app is, but I should let you know that extra fans will not fix your problem forever. The problem is not that it's overheating, the problem is that it got to hot in the past. Fans will prevent RROD, but not fix it.

You can also change the rear fan speed in FSD too without needing to rewire them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register