Discussion RROD Modern Warfare - Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I just noticed something posted on a website called "NZBsRus" which has a post saying the following

This has been confirmed as a stand alone copy and not a Special Edition (RRoD) that might be a Ban magnet.
I got the information that MS will log all serial numbers of MW2 Special Edition consoles and will ban everyone using the Special Edition game on normal Xbox cause they will know it will be a pirated version.
And

There is only 5000 copies of the Limited Edition (RRoD release) with a specific date for the CRC. As said, they can easily check the SS date, and if the console ID number isnt one that is tied in with the limited edition console, they would assume it to be a copy ....
So be careful what you download, the quote above was from H8machine, an admin there.

Se7eN MasTa

Se7en Legend
Premium
Reaction score
So you are saying that the RRoD scene release is bad?

apcarr from abgx said that was utter 'bull****'. People let you borrow games, so that has to be BS.

Doomlord2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what would you do if you borrowed it off a mate? Exactly, it's gonna just be a normal copy because if someone sold it and someone bought it they'd get banned. Obviously TC didn't think of that.

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got to remember some people are getting banned even if they have a retail version without a modded console, happened with Forza 3 and Halo ODST.

And shops wont take in the game if the game isnt out yet, just something to consider before posting/replying.

jester

⠀HardenedVPN.com
Retired
Reaction score
BNK said:
You got to remember some people are getting banned even if they have a retail version without a modded console, happened with Forza 3 and Halo ODST.
Uh, says who? I highly doubt people with unflashed xboxes are getting banned, considering every posting M$ has made has assured retail users that they are safe. Read Major Nelson and other XBL officials posts/twitters, ODST/Forza legit users were ALWAYS safe.

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
I'm not worried. I got console banned. I also played modded iso's, 10+ early releases, and did stupid things like live feeds. Live feeds probably don't do much but if iW took the time to shut it down they took the time to look at the feed. I don't see microsoft, the company that routinely makes mistakes costing them BILLIONS of dollars, doing anything smart ever.

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Reaction score
BNK said:

And shops wont take in the game if the game isnt out yet, just something to consider before posting/replying.
Haha, then I'd be banned too....oh wait that doesn't happen unless its a pirated copy...

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread...anyone think it could be because MS is scanning xbox360iso and banning anyone that signs up and their sn is their gt or their gt is posted somewhere on that site?

Se7eN MasTa

Se7en Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Does every disc have there own unique 'key'? If so from a rip, if ms can see that the same 'key' is on 100's of xbox's at the same time they can just ban their consoles?

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Azzid, they could do, but they wouldn't have enough information to preform a console ban just by having your gamertag in your profile, if its related i think they would look into the flagged ones and check the profiles with more preferences.

But all of us don't have our gamertags here for that reason alone.

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Right, but that's why not everyone is getting banned. I would like to here from members that are banned if they either a) had their sn = gt or b) if they had posted their gt anywhere on the site or in their profile...

I like this theory you've presented...I just don't think it fits for all the bans since a lot of users haven't even played mw2 yet.

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AzzidReign said:
Right, but that's why not everyone is getting banned. I would like to here from members that are banned if they either a) had their sn = gt or b) if they had posted their gt anywhere on the site or in their profile...

I like this theory you've presented...I just don't think it fits for all the bans since a lot of users haven't even played mw2 yet.
My xbox got console banned and i haven't put my gamertag here for that reason alone, i think the rest of the ban's are because other thing, playing bad copys and MS not bothering to do anything so they just simply add there gamertag to the ban list.

I dont know how Microsoft work about banning but i'm sure if they banned poeple after every single offence then there need a hell of a lot more staff to deal with it, so maybe they just add the gamertag to the list and when a ban wave comes they just ban all the gamertag.

What you think?

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that seems to be the theory for now. Seems they've been compiling these gt's for a while and setting out the bans a few days prior to mw2 release...and ready for the holiday season.

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Reaction score
I got the information that MS will log all serial numbers of MW2 Special Edition consoles and will ban everyone using the Special Edition game on normal Xbox cause they will know it will be a pirated version.
No offense to you at all, I know you are just passing on information, and keep it coming. But that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Say you did buy the special edition console and get the game that came with it. And say you already had another console, and you play the special edition game on that non-special edition console. The person who said what's in the quote is suggesting that you will be banned on the non-special edition console. That is 100% false. 1) You don't get banned for playing a legit retail copy early. 2) MS saying you can only play this game on this console is ludicrous. That person got some very bad info.

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AzzidReign said:
Yeah, that seems to be the theory for now. Seems they've been compiling these gt's for a while and setting out the bans a few days prior to mw2 release...and ready for the holiday season.
Yeah, Lazy Ms.

I would of thought with the brains behind Ms that they could of made a powerfully dedicated server which checks for certain things and suspends/bans them itself.

The people who are playing the so called "Crap copy's early have probably somehow got their hands on the legit stealth files.

One thing to consider, a friend I gave out a copy to (3r1c) still hasn't been banned, he hardly goes online, well from 6 - 9 on school days.

jester

⠀HardenedVPN.com
Retired
Reaction score
Se7eN MasTa said:
Does every disc have there own unique 'key'? If so from a rip, if ms can see that the same 'key' is on 100's of xbox's at the same time they can just ban their consoles?
lol not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom