rrod help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by SupremeCippy, Jun 27, 2009 with 8 replies and 307 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy Getting There

Ratings:
    OK i just did the x clamp fix to my friends xbox and it was working and i put it half way back together and i cheek it a and the screen wouldn't lite up but i herd the xbox load into the dash. i toke it back apart and started troubleshooting. when i went to trie a different av cord it had rrod aging. if anyone has an idea pleas post.

ps my friend dose know i did this:.(

ok its working but it sounds like its running hot.

2. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Did you xclamp everything correctly? Did you use arctic silver thermal paste?

3. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It will always run hot, thats why the xbox originally got the rrod. The xclamp fix is suppose to stop the gpu from moving after it gets to hot, it also helps transfer more heat to the heatsink. If the xbox gets it again you could lapp the heatsinks (aka polish) for better contact between the die and the heatsink. Just search into google "lapping heatsinks".:smile:

4. OP
    SupremeCippy

Ratings:
    now it doing the black screen aging which was the real problem.

5. iDragon

iDragon Contributor

Ratings:
    Give it some heat gun love.

6. OP
    SupremeCippy

Ratings:
    i dont have one.if anyone in Orlando fl can help pm.

7. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You don't have to use Artice 5.. I used silicone based heat sink paste and mine has been going strong since launch day... I'm sure artic is the best, but if your broke and want to repair for less than 5 dollars lol.... Silicone gets the job done...

8. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Alright, I guess its just cause nothing has ever worked for me but arctic silver, maybe your 360 wasn't as damaged as my friends was. He toweled that thing one to many times lol.

9. Matarese

Matarese Newbie

Ratings:
    god I hate how bad these xboxs are.