Solved RROD fix help.

• Thread starter UnscrewedFork
  • Start date
  • Views 453
U

UnscrewedFork

Reaction score
Sin$
i am currently following scar's tutorial on how to fix the RROD. i definatly am not going to send it back to microsoft because it has the old dashboard on it and im gonna jtag it after. here are some pics of my progress so far.

Every thing i try, whenever i turn er on it RRODS.

2wqxxg8.jpg

Why is this sink different then any other pictures i have seen in any other tutorials. am i just that special? lol
15zh9wy.jpg

Someone please help me

vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just fixed 2 Xbox 360's with the 3 RROD tonight. One was fairly stubborn. After I put the new paste/washers on, I unplugged the fans, and let it overheat until it had the 2 red lights. Then I waited exactly 2 minutes when it had the 2 red lights, and then turned it off. I let it cool down for 15 minutes, and turned it on. Success! Make sure you overheat it. That's probably the step you forgot about.

a deeper b1ue

a deeper b1ue

Ghost in the machine
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Those are the same sinks I have. Try over heating for different amounts of times until it works. I had to over heat 3 time.

U

UnscrewedFork

Reaction score
Sin$
it was on for about 20 mins and still didnt over heat. im re pasting and mounting the sinks again. im just gonna leave it on until it finally goes to 2 lights. it beeps when i first turn it on lol

X

xavi17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If the xbox doesnt work after overheating try loosening the screws, or tightening them; there has to be a perfect amount of space between the heatsinks and the board.:smile:

U

UnscrewedFork

Reaction score
Sin$
a deeper b1ue said:
Tighten or lossen the screws untilled you fix the e74.

on what chip shall i do this loosening/ tightening?

EDIT: i got it honed in. it seems any tighter it RRODS, and any looser it RRODS lol. im just surrounded by a RROD lol

Here is a video of what it does every time i turn it on now. WTF!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLYzEOrNNE[/ame]

BUMP*

Top Bottom
Login
Register