Solved RROD Again Secondary Code 4142

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by swingbelly, May 4, 2011 with 8 replies and 5,764 views.

1. swingbelly

swingbelly Newbie

Ratings:
    So i have an xbox that was RROD and has been working for about a month. It just stopped again. The secondary code is 4142...so what does that mean??

2. tbonnett21

tbonnett21 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    are you sure its not 0102 i havnt heard any 4142 before

3. Primitive

Primitive Enthusiast

Ratings:

0102?
    I just got that today, I just over heated my xbox and it worked for 5 hours straight

4. freshane

freshane Newbie

Ratings:
    what version xbox you have?? I think its time to get a slim

5. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Member

Ratings:
    4 lit quadrants means 0 in terms of error codes, so you have RRoD 0102.

0102 means you either need the cpu/gpu reflowing or reballing. You may aswell just find a cheap jasper on ebay and replace it for the hassle it's worth having it repaired.

Although, if you're in the US and want it repairing, Icy-Tank is the man to talk to. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  6. tim008

tim008 Retired Diet Mod Retired

Ratings:
    0102, if you are from the UK i can help, if you are from the US speak to Icy-Tank.

7. pure3d2

pure3d2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is bad for the console. The problem will come back again. Consoles that have been repeatedly overheated usually don't survive a reflow and will most likely need its GPU swapped in a reball.

8. tim008

tim008 Retired Diet Mod Retired

Ratings:
    Sometimes even that won`t do it. Ive sent consoles in that have been abused, and even the pads were f*cked <_<

9. pure3d2

pure3d2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah if the pads are screwed, then a reball won't fix it. There are some which have broken traces that go between the layers of the motherboard. So even if the pads look fine, it won't come back to life.