What's new

Question Rrod after Rgh 1.2

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys , this is my first time on this forum ..

I just need help on my phat xbox 360 japser mother board that i want to rgh 1.2 ..
I watch a tutorial on youtube and follow him on every single step...

- I read my nand twice
- i select glitch2 + CR4 and creat ECC and write it with no problem ..
- i intalled the glitch chip , it's a matrix v1 , i installed exactly how the guy show , i program it and i boot to xell normally ..
- after getting my cpu key , i creat the xe image selecting again the glitch2 + cr4 , and i write that image ..

After finish the writing i try to boot the console and it didn't want to boot , the matrix v1 keep flashing the blue LED and no boot ...

So i decide to write my original to the console to boot it as retail and i remove the 3.3v wire from glitch chip ..

After i done this , i get the RROD ? ...

Any idea how to fix ??

Update : Yesssssssssssss , it was temperture problem ... so i remove the heatsink , replace the past under it , i now i have insta boot :biggrin:

thanks again for all of u guys who helped me to solve this ♥

Last edited:
donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
It could be you had a bad nand flash. If you were able to boot Xell. Then The chip should have Been able to boot the xebuild image, boot timing not really being a factor. At the end of it, it should have booted. Meaning the flash you did for the XE build, could have been bad. I would make sure to be real slow about all this because the last thing you want to do is get all frustrated and rip a pad or something. If I were you, I would try rewriting the original nand. Making sure it’s a good nand flash. Then remove all wires including the nand reading wires and make sure everything’s clean. If the console was good before the install, it should work now. And if it does, just do a good install again, and it should all work fine. I suggest putting the updflash.bin and putting it on a USB drive, then booting Xell to have Xell flash it. I like doing that a lot more than I do using the nand wires. And making sure to unplug the console for 30 seconds after the nand has been flashed. If That doesn’t work, I don’t know.

also it could have just been your timing file considering the matrix was trying to Glitch, but just didn’t boot. And the original nand flash is what messed it up.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It could be you had a bad nand flash. If you were able to boot Xell. Then The chip should have Been able to boot the xebuild image, boot timing not really being a factor. At the end of it, it should have booted. Meaning the flash you did for the XE build, could have been bad. I would make sure to be real slow about all this because the last thing you want to do is get all frustrated and rip a pad or something. If I were you, I would try rewriting the original nand. Making sure it’s a good nand flash. Then remove all wires including the nand reading wires and make sure everything’s clean. If the console was good before the install, it should work now. And if it does, just do a good install again, and it should all work fine. I suggest putting the updflash.bin and putting it on a USB drive, then booting Xell to have Xell flash it. I like doing that a lot more than I do using the nand wires. And making sure to unplug the console for 30 seconds after the nand has been flashed. If That doesn’t work, I don’t know.

also it could have just been your timing file considering the matrix was trying to Glitch, but just didn’t boot. And the original nand flash is what messed it up.

Hello ..

I have a good news that the rrod is gone after i create a new xe image and write it to the console again ... But still no boot and the matrix glitcher keep blinking but nothing on the screen ...

Edit : can u show me how to flash the original nand ???
Post automatically merged:

Here some pics of my soldring ..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PvaCUqkcmCziXS4V6

Last edited:
donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello ..

I have a good news that the rrod is gone after i create a new xe image and write it to the console again ... But still no boot and the matrix glitcher keep blinking but nothing on the screen ...

Edit : can u show me how to flash the original nand ???

Here some pics of my soldring ..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PvaCUqkcmCziXS4V6
Your soldering looks good, I would shorten your ground and 3v wires so they’re as short as possible, same goes for the rest. I wasn’t sure about RST, so I would just check if that’s in the right place. And the FT6u1 point. I’m not sure if it’s different for matrixes. Also, if you haven’t programmed the matrix, I’m pretty sure that’s something you need to do. I would try a different timing file since it is trying to glitch, so it could just be a timing file. If none of that works and you want to try writing the original nand. You just load source in JRunner and choose one of your nand dumps, making sure retail is selected, and click write nand. But I really suggest shortening your wires, cleaning any excess flux, and trying different timing files and it should work.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Your soldering looks good, I would shorten your ground and 3v wires so they’re as short as possible, same goes for the rest. I wasn’t sure about RST, so I would just check if that’s in the right place. And the FT6u1 point. I’m not sure if it’s different for matrixes. Also, if you haven’t programmed the matrix, I’m pretty sure that’s something you need to do. I would try a different timing file since it is trying to glitch, so it could just be a timing file. If none of that works and you want to try writing the original nand. You just load source in JRunner and choose one of your nand dumps, making sure retail is selected, and click write nand. But I really suggest shortening your wires, cleaning any excess flux, and trying different timing files and it should work.

i load my original nand dump , i select retail , i write the nand , i remove all the wires .. when i turn on my xbox , the red ring back again , and the 3 leds keep bliking

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i7fA1Z8aAPXUdAod6

i load again my orignal nand and select glitch 2 + cr4 and creat the ecc , i write to the console ... the red ring is gone , but still won't boot ....

donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
i load my original nand dump , i select retail , i write the nand , i remove all the wires .. when i turn on my xbox , the red ring back again , and the 3 leds keep bliking

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i7fA1Z8aAPXUdAod6

i load again my orignal nand and select glitch 2 + cr4 and creat the ecc , i write to the console ... the red ring is gone , but still won't boot ....
Do exactly what I said in the last post. If you write the original nand with glitch 2 selected, it’s not gonna work. With the original you have to click retail. You only use glitch and cr4 when using a xebuild image.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Do exactly what I said in the last post. If you write the original nand with glitch 2 selected, it’s not gonna work. With the original you have to click retail. You only use glitch and cr4 when using a xebuild image.

for sure man i didn't select glitch with my original dump ... when i load my original nand i select retail and on the dash version i select this : -------- , cuz i don't know what version of dash i have and i don't know if it's gonna work if i select a different version ... so i think i destroy my console :frown:

donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
for sure man i didn't select glitch with my original dump ... when i load my original nand i select retail and on the dash version i select this : -------- , cuz i don't know what version of dash i have and i don't know if it's gonna work if i select a different version ... so i think i destroy my console :frown:
There is definitely a way to fix this. It won’t destroy the console with the wrong dash. It just wouldn’t boot. Meaning if you have the correct nandumps, you could just try guessing the dash if you think you could do it.
If all else fails, you can follow this tutorial.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ing-dumps-erasing-corrupting-the-nand.989323/
As long as your console still powers on and stuff and you have the nand dumps, you can get it working. It’s just gonna take some work.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There is definitely a way to fix this. It won’t destroy the console with the wrong dash. It just wouldn’t boot. Meaning if you have the correct nandumps, you could just try guessing the dash if you think you could do it.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ing-dumps-erasing-corrupting-the-nand.989323/
As long as your console still powers on and stuff and you have the nand dumps, you can get it working. It’s just gonna take some work.

thank you so much man , i will follow this tutorial and i will give an update of what's going on :smile:

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

I followed him on every single step , when i write the ECC , i was able to boot to xell , and after 30 second , the console freeze with some glitching effect and the text from xell can't be read , so i restart the console , nothing on the screen , matrix glitcher keep blinking ... ?

donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
I followed him on every single step , when i write the ECC , i was able to boot to xell , and after 30 second , the console freeze with some glitching effect and the text from xell can't be read , so i restart the console , nothing on the screen , matrix glitcher keep blinking ... ?
That just means clean up your install or reflash Xell. I think you got this. Get it to where you can get 5 good boots in a row without anything happening before you flash the axe build image.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That just means clean up your install or reflash Xell. I think you got this. Get it to where you can get 5 good boots in a row without anything happening before you flash the axe build image.

i did get more than 5 with no issue , close to insta boot .... i create my Xe image , and i copy it to usb drive , i boot to xell and the nand writing start from the usb , after it finished , i turn of the console , unpluged power for 30 sec , i pluged power + HDMi , when i turn on the xbox it boot and freez on the microsoft logo and the spin was so loud , i turn of the xbox , i let it cool a bit and try to boot again , but no signs of booting , just the matrix glitcher blinking :frown:

donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
i did get more than 5 with no issue , close to insta boot .... i create my Xe image , and i copy it to usb drive , i boot to xell and the nand writing start from the usb , after it finished , i turn of the console , unpluged power for 30 sec , i pluged power + HDMi , when i turn on the xbox it boot and freez on the microsoft logo and the spin was so loud , i turn of the xbox , i let it cool a bit and try to boot again , but no signs of booting , just the matrix glitcher blinking :frown:
Well that’s good that it booted. I’m thinking another bad flash lol if you can still get into Xell, create a new updflash.bin making sure all the right settings are clicked, boot Xell and use the usb drive again, I suggest right clicking on your USB on the computer and pressing eject just to be extra cautious. When it says power down console now! I usually wait 5-10 seconds. Press the power button to shut it off, and then unplug everything for 30 seconds. If you can’t do this, you’re probably gonna have to write Xell by itself again or the OG nand then Xell. I would think about whether or not you Xell was working properly without freezes, if it did, this indicates your wiring and stuff was good, it was just the flash.

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Fabled Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

What type of console is it? Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper? (Looks like a Jasper to me). When you try booting it, do you have the fans plugged in on the heatsinks to keep them cool? Artifacting sounds like RROD issue. I would try with fans, and if that works possibly applying new thermal paste to the CPU & GPU.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well that’s good that it booted. I’m thinking another bad flash lol if you can still get into Xell, create a new updflash.bin making sure all the right settings are clicked, boot Xell and use the usb drive again, I suggest right clicking on your USB on the computer and pressing eject just to be extra cautious. When it says power down console now! I usually wait 5-10 seconds. Press the power button to shut it off, and then unplug everything for 30 seconds. If you can’t do this, you’re probably gonna have to write Xell by itself again or the OG nand then Xell. I would think about whether or not you Xell was working properly without freezes, if it did, this indicates your wiring and stuff was good, it was just the flash.

I create a new retail image , write it , create ecc , write it ... And i boot to xell and try as u said more than 5 times , i did and i get a new error when i boot xell :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GcX6Y5dSSX4XTVX36

I think i have a tempurture problem , i think i should replace thermalpaste ... what do u think ??

What type of console is it? Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper? (Looks like a Jasper to me). When you try booting it, do you have the fans plugged in on the heatsinks to keep them cool? Artifacting sounds like RROD issue. I would try with fans, and if that works possibly applying new thermal paste to the CPU & GPU.

it's a jasper 16MB , please read the discussion above , and if u have any idea that u can help with :tongue:

Buy a jasper off the forums they come cheap now a days from $50-$80. Find a reputable vendor or use a middle man.

shiping is not available , u can send me , but i don't recive anything ..

Last edited:
donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
I create a new retail image , write it , create ecc , write it ... And i boot to xell and try as u said more than 5 times , i did and i get a new error when i boot xell :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GcX6Y5dSSX4XTVX36

I think i have a tempurture problem , i think i should replace thermalpaste ... what do u think ??

If you have a jasper or falcon, temps shouldn’t be an issue unless you don’t have your fan plugged in. Make sure it’s on and on the heat sink when doing this. I didn’t see the part where you said you let your console cool down so I’m sorry about that.
It could bee your version of JRunner creating bad images.
i use the weekend modders and have downloaded fresh copies of xebuilds I use, if you’re getting boots, then it’s either the sophware or it’s the hardware with like a overheating issue.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

can u please upload ur jrunner folder to media fire or send any link to a fresh xebuild ?? i'm aslo using TWM jrunner , or maybe my nand x is doing this problem ._. idk

can u check this post ? :

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/triniry-slow-boot-time.1805986/

.. this is another tirinity i have , it's so slow to booting . some times it take 30 min !!!!! what should i do ? just replace the glitch ship ? or i have to do the rgh from scratch ?

donaldmiller69

donaldmiller69

Reaction score
Sin$
can u please upload ur jrunner folder to media fire or send any link to a fresh xebuild ?? i'm aslo using TWM jrunner , or maybe my nand x is doing this problem ._. idk

.. this is another tirinity i have , it's so slow to booting . some times it take 30 min !!!!! what should i do ? just replace the glitch ship ? or i have to do the rgh from scratch ?
Try to look some of this stuff up yourself and only ask about things that aren’t already talked about or you couldn’t find, it’ll make it easier on everyone. And if you replace the glitch chip, all you’ll have to do is wire it in correctly, timing file, maybe change the glitch image for the install if it’s different than the one already written and that’s it. Idk much about cool runners in slims but ace v3’s and matrixes are preferred I’m pretty sure.

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Fabled Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$

https://octalsconsoleshop.com/

Try downloading Jrunner from here.

Top Bottom
Login
Register