Unsolved RROD after Ace V3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by HelixFighter, Jun 13, 2019 with 6 replies and 209 views.

Tags:
  1. HelixFighter

HelixFighter Newbie

Ratings:
    I have an XBOX 360e RHG, which stopped booting up a couple of weeks ago. Doing plenty of research I found a couple of reasons. Apparently my CR Rev-D gave out. So I decided to replace it with an Ace V3. I soldered everything the same way, but upon trying to boot up, it leads to a red light in the power button. So I resoldered the Rev-D back on and again I get a green light in the middle but no ring and no boot up. I soldered the Ace V3 again, but back to the red light. SOS. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. x86

x86 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1. Is your console a slim 360?
    2. Post pictures of your wiring and use imgur.com
    3. How many times does the green light on the ace v3 blink (short or long)?

3. OP
    HelixFighter

HelixFighter Newbie

Ratings:
    x86. Like I mentioned, the Xbox is an E series one, the super slim. It is a Corona 16MB. For the Ace V3, the green light doesn't blink at all. Only the red on the chip for power is on. And when I hit the on button, the button turns red too. As for the pictures, I've packed everything up because I'm travelling, but I'll try and get them to you ASAP.
    For the wiring, I de-soldered one end from the rev-D and then soldered it to the corresponding pad on the Ace V3. So I've not changed any soldering points on the motherboard.
    Thanks!

4. devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    flash your console with ECC image not Xebuild img, if it doesnt power on or your glitch doesnt green up (posting) most likely your XCGPU needs a reflow / reballing.

Try to press on it not hard and report back.

5. OP
    HelixFighter

HelixFighter Newbie

Ratings:
    devilhunter1990. That's another thing about the ECC file. So when I hit the question mark on JRunner it says that my Xbox is a Corona, which I know for a fact. But after reading nand, creating ECC and writing ECC, when I hit the question mark, JRunner returns board type as Trinity. Any idea what that's about?

6. devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    doesnt mater what it shows, I think ECC is same for all slims.

7. HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven when I took his glass of champagne... Staff

Ratings:
    The rev D uses 3.3v power. Ace uses 5V. That wire needs to be swapped to a different point. If that doesn't work, post pictures.

• Like Like x 1