RRoD 360 ZOMBIES!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Madman340, Feb 20, 2009 with 13 replies and 400 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    So yeah, A long time ago I had a 360 that had gotten the RRoD while playing Fable (1). I had already voided the warranty and had attempted the xclamp fix. It would work for a few seconds then RRoD again. After a week of messing with it, I gave up and put it on the bottom of my computer desk to let it collect dust and forget about it.

So probably a little under a year later, I decide I want to get a box for flashing. I was going to try and find trades but nobody wanted to trade me, except a friend whose 360 was without a warranty and RRoD. He told me he was going to fix it, but never got back in touch. So I decided to dust off my old 360 and plug it in.

THE SON OF A ***** WORKS. I decided to give it 5+ minutes to just sit at the dashboard because I was extremely skeptical and didn't want to get my hopes up expecting it to RRoD again. It Didn't. I gave it a crash course in "Flatout: Ultimate Carnage" and here I am, an hour later with it still running!

:thumbup: I can't wait to flash this mother****er and grab some DVD+D DL discs.

edit: Also, it has a Samsung drive, how do I flash these? I did a quick search and didn't really find anything rock-solid. Venomous could I add you on AIM or WLM? If so message me your name(s). Thanks

2. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Don't get your hopes up. Stuff like that always happens. The RRoD will probably be back.

3. OP
    Madman340

Ratings:
    That may be true, but it also may not.

After all, 1:30+ of intense game time is a great sign.

4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Sounds like you got lucky!

5. OP
    Madman340

Ratings:
    Lol, it's funny though because when I did the xclamp fix I think I tightened it too much and bend some connections on the board and started getting some strange error codes... Maybe those codes were just it telling me to chill the **** out and let it rest for a bit. :biggrin:

6. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Coulda sworn I have talked to you on AIM before.... either way congrats and Ill send you an AIM message

Get on AIM pl0x lol

7. OP
    Madman340

Ratings:
    Lol, it's 4AM I'm not sure if your still on.

I'd rather flash it tomorrow anyway... SLEEPY TIME.
    Tomorrow though for sure.

8. PIYB

PIYB Newbie

Ratings:
    i got the rrod and me the kinda guy i am i got a little mad and kicked the @#$% out of it but it was ok for a week or two then i had to fix two things rrod and the tray my point is it wont last so just fix it now and get it out of the way :thumbup:

9. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Lol. Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was bored, yeah seriously bored, and decided to get my RRoD Xbox, that had the warranty voided when I tried to XClamp it before, out from under my bed and plug it in. Lulz, I leave under a fleece for a bit, and when I restarted it, well it worked! Its a Hitachi 59 drive as well, so I'm considering flashing it. :smile:

10. OP
    Madman340

Ratings:
    I think I have the Samsung 25 drive :biggrin:

Got this 360 when they were first released.

11. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    congratz man, idk if you spoke to anybody but I hope you have an ms25, the 28's can be a *****.

12. Beezy 4 sheezy

Beezy 4 sheezy Banned

Ratings:
  13. OP
    Madman340

Ratings:
    Yep, it's a Samsung MS25... I'm waiting for Venomous to help though, I don't want to mess it up.

14. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    i have a Ms28 and its easy to flash :smile: just couldnt get the sob to update and madman you might wanna download teamspeak cuz thats how Venomous fire helps people he will flash it for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.