What's new

Solved rrod 1021 E73

S

shippy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does anyone know how to fix the E73 error (secondary error code 1021)
the x clamps have been replaced and new thermal paste applied.
thanks

L

lllN30lll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heatgun. Lots of tutorials on YouTube :smile:

Make sure to protect everything. I use foil over everything but the gpu CPU ram etc

Y

Yakkyyful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This can be caused by a bad network chip. If your house was struck by lighting you will get this err.

Southbridge reflow can fix this, but more than likely its your ethernet/network chip

Y

Yakkyyful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This can be caused by a bad network chip. If your house was struck by lighting you will get this err.

Southbridge reflow can fix this, but more than likely its your ethernet/network chip

S

shippy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what would be the best way to fix the E73 then?
Microsoft wont help me because the Xbox has been opened and they class it as being tampered with

rich12313

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Talk to Icy-Tank, he may be able to help you out. He runs a great bussiness. You can find him in the BST section of the forums

P

pure3d2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heatgun. Lots of tutorials on YouTube :smile:

Make sure to protect everything. I use foil over everything but the gpu CPU ram etc

A lot of these youtube fixes end up with people destroying their board. By the time you buy all the proper equipment, you could have gotten it fixed by someone else for way less.

E73 can also be a partially dead GPU which needs to be replaced. If this console hasn't been worked on by others, a GPU reflow will most likely fix it. If it's the SB, sure a reflow will fix it (I've never had an E73 that was the SB, ever). If it's the network chip, it's usually E76, in which case it would have to be replaced, not reflown--these chips use J-leads so they never get cold solder joints like BGAs do.

Rawlings 7s

Rawlings 7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
45347502dfa930666865381d84f75db9.png

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does anyone know how to fix the E73 error (secondary error code 1021)
the x clamps have been replaced and new thermal paste applied.
thanks

I have fixed 2 E73 boxes by reflowing the network chip, Southbridge, and GPU. If I am going to do a reflow, I might as well do it right.

Be careful when reflowing the southbridge and especially the network chip. In my first attempt, I managed to melt the plasic around the DVD drive's SATA connector. It still worked but it doesnt look the same!

Astro

The Black Hand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are looking for a half-a** repair, use a heatgun. If you are looking for a trusted, reliable fix for your problem, send it to Icy-tank in the BST section. He runs a top notch business here on Se7ensins and is extremely trusted.

X

xboxhaxorz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
using heatgun or bolt mods affects the chances of a proper repairs success rate. you actually make things worse than better trying to save a buck. i had a e73 and fixed it by flowing the SB chip. pure posted the truth in his comment.

Top Bottom
Login
Register