RROD(0022) After JTAG!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by DannyDifalco, Jan 11, 2010 with 12 replies and 6,769 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I get the RROD error 0022 which is GPU and is clearly caused by the flashing of nand.

1. i have dumped two identical nands both have two error 250's in them which cause bad blocks at 0x9 and 0x16. and i have 5770 CB Falcon with a 6xxx dash
    2. i flashed the Xell.bin to my xbox i got RROD. so i skipped xell.
    3. i extracted my kvbin and config file from my orig.bin and injected into my XBR.bin
    4. I used the "badblockremover" from redline66 for my xbr.bin nand.
    5. i flashed the XBR.bin image to my xbox360 i get the RROD error 0022 about 15 secs after booting.
    6. i flashed my orig.bin nand back to my 360 and it works fine.

What am i doing wrong? is it my JTAG connections because with my orignal nand flashed i can still boot to dash with the JTAG connections on and your not suppossed to be able too.

2. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Member

Ratings:
    i have the same thing, except mine got E76 before so the RRoD is a blessing for me :biggrin:
    gonna send it into MS and get another box out of them, and use the KV from this box on the other jtag sat nxt to it :thumbup:

The box that i got RRoD on was an April 09 xenon, but i extracted 2 nands to begin with, took the rawkv and config from the 2 nands i had and put them into an xbr_8955 1 file and flashed the nand... i got E76 and decided to look it up, most places said remove any soldered wires from around the networking area and try it then, no luck, now, having removed my lpt cable from the board, i flashed a pre-prepared xbr 8955 2 image to the board via XeLL and gentoo, now i have RRoD

the paragraph above is not me spamming, im helping build a bank of knowledge and if it does become a large problem we will have as much informatin on this as possible :wink:

3. OP
    DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. andy112

andy112 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I had this, check your jtag wiring, try making your lpt cable as short as possible, after making lpt short reflash, if the error persists check your jtag wiring, damaged or maybe a damaged trace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    are you sure because when I flashed my original NAND back on. And it worked fine so it can't be lpt. Has to be jtag connections or IM screwing something up with the nands.

6. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    When you flash your original NAND back onto your board. Did you remove the JTAG wiring?

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No i didn't thts the weird part. So it much be wiring right?

8. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Its your wiring then. A normal NAND image wont boot with the JTAG wiring in place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    I had this very same issue, and it was fixed by flashing a different version of XBR. Just try flashing something from the old images (As new a possible though)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Does it have something to do with the diodes not directly soldered to the board I have a wire on them. Also I put hot glue on them is that a problem. Also I messed up that solder point Ft1u2 on the bottom of the board is that a problem? I also
    messed up the db1f1 but I got it to solder in there pretty solid. So idk

Do you mean the newest falcon v0.5 didn't work for you?

11. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Diodes should be soldered directly to the board facing the correct way.

Hot glue wont mess it up.

Also make sure your flashing Falcon 3a.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea im deff flashing falcon 3a. and damn everyone said you don't have to solder directly to the board with the diodes. i have extra wire in between so it makes a easier connection to solder.

13. moreno

moreno Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i just flashed xbr to my 256 jasper, and when i started it up, i got RROD (0022).

i did have xell installed though, before flashing xbr.
    i used gentoo to dump my nand.. xell and gentoo were starting up just fine...

so why wont xbox boot with xbr?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.