• Start date
  • Views 374
devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Greetings,

My xbox 360 (zephyr) was working fine, and I decided to switch from the "old" jtag points to AUD_Clamp points. I used SMC I/O Config Utility v0.2b to patch SMC, I did and my xbox was working as usual. I even tried to power it on/off 20 times + to check if the patched smc does have any effects on my console. I however didnt move (J2D2.2) RF/Ring of light connection to AUD_CLAMP. Anyways, of all the sudden, console keeps giving E79 and doesnt boot into xell.....

I rewired all connections again, moved to the new point (AUD_Clamp) but nothing is preventing E79.

A broken screwdriver went under the motherboard, as I booted it up it gave me RROD 0001, I think i fried a component or two. At this point I have no idea what did I short/fry, I checked all mosfets and capacitors, resistance readings look fine to me.

Im not sure whether its a sofware brick, hardware short ( other than mosfets). In the end, can you please point to me who can fix it? or is it even repairable?

If you have any idea on whats going on here please advice.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
E79 is usually a wiring issue, GO back to the regular wiring. Why would you switch it in the first place if it was working fine?

devilhunter1990

devilhunter1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
E79 is usually a wiring issue, GO back to the regular wiring. Why would you switch it in the first place if it was working fine?

this happened randomly, I cycled it on/off 20 times and it was fine when I patched SMC, something went wrong. Now its dead

Top Bottom
Login
Register