• Thread starter twisted0ne
  • Start date
  • Views 13,496
T

twisted0ne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of people have asked for this in the past here so thought I'd leave a thread to let you all know that I've released a public Read/Write version of my Tool so head over to REMOVED to grab the download.

It supports RPF editing for Midnight LA, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 on Xbox.

Twisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
kcozart

kcozart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of people have asked for this in the past here so thought I'd leave a thread to let you all know that I've released a public Read/Write version of my Tool so head over to http://tmacdev.com to grab the download.

It supports RPF editing for Midnight LA, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 on Xbox.

Twisted.
yes if we can just get the encryption keys for each game

kcozart

kcozart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Use xextools to dump the default.xex . Really not that hard to obtain the relevant encryptian key.
If you know how I sure wish you would tell me.
I have used xex tools to dump the default.xex and it show an encryption key but I don't think it is the right one becaue it will not work

Cpt Putang

Cpt Putang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you know how I sure wish you would tell me.
I have used xex tools to dump the default.xex and it show an encryption key but I don't think it is the right one becaue it will not work

Yeah you need to load the uncompressed default file into IDA.

0xF876D8 32 bits long FYI :smile: 
Site is down at the moment so you can download rpftool here in the mean time.

& Twizted thanks for ruining RDR for the 2nd time also. :smile:

kcozart

kcozart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

at this address is I go to it will it show the actual key

Cpt Putang

Cpt Putang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when I get to this address 0xF876D8 32 bits
what do I copy.

The rest you will need to work out. 1 final hint though. Look at how the GTA.exe decryption key is found & the method used. The method is somewhat similiar. There is lot's of info found with simple Google Search, infact there is a tut located on this very forum..

Myself & alot of others are actually against the idea of this being released. The game was ruined when he released the cheat menu & yet years latter it appears Mr Twizted hasn't learned anything from that....

You carn't enter a MP free roam without some n00b freezing everyone with wagon's, & now releasing a extract / replace editor the game is now truly ruined completely.

kcozart

kcozart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The rest you will need to work out. 1 final hint though. Look at how the GTA.exe decryption key is found & the method used. The method is somewhat similiar. There is lot's of info found with simple Google Search, infact there is a tut located on this very forum..

Myself & alot of others are actually against the idea of this being released. The game was ruined when he released the cheat menu & yet years latter it appears Mr Twizted hasn't learned anything from that....

You carn't enter a MP free roam without some n00b freezing everyone with wagon's, & now releasing a extract / replace editor the game is now truly ruined completely.
I also have a lot of trouble with people freezing me.
Some kids that is all that they do is just see how many people they can freeze.
I wish this program could change some code some way as to not be frozen.
also I downloaded gta 4.exe and did a search for the long key and the strange thing is it nevers finds
the key it just searchs and seaches for a long time and doesnt fnd anything.
just not having any luck with this.
I am not wanting to use his tool to cause other people problems playing the game.
I am way pass being a kid in my age. I just like to experiment with programs like this.
but if left up to me I don't know if i will ever find the encryption key for rdr but I will keep trying 

I have looked for the tutorial you mentioned but have not come across it yet.
could you point me to it.
Like I said I am not going to mod the game an cause anyone any trouble.
I am just curious as to how the keys are found.
thanks for your help and replys

T

twisted0ne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Firstly if you're going to flame you could at least spell my name correctly and secondly the tool was released mainly to allow for translations, cheating is just a side effect of this and honestly this console generation is almost over so why does it matter that much? Also for the record the cheat menu was initially leaked, I had no plans to release it so get your facts straight next time.

Cpt Putang

Cpt Putang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Firstly if you're going to flame you could at least spell my name correctly and secondly the tool was released mainly to allow for translations, cheating is just a side effect of this and honestly this console generation is almost over so why does it matter that much? Also for the record the cheat menu was initially leaked, I had no plans to release it so get your facts straight next time.

"Quote"
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10246&p=84134#p84134

I've just released a new version of my archive tool RPFTool for Xbox Rockstar archives with Read/Write support so anyone who is interested in modding these games head over to http://tmacdev.com.

I did a full re-write from my initial private version so you can only really extract and replace files at the moment but I'm open to suggestions for new features and will implement them when I can.
As the encryption keys for each game are copyrighted material I haven't included them in the release but I'm sure you guys can work them out.
"Quote"

Translation Purposes mmmmm ok..... :rolleyes:

Just like when you made the cheat menu in MP then shared it. 1 would be correct in saying that you leaked it via sharing it around initially...

& i don't need to distort or make things up when everyone can see the facts as they are....

T

twisted0ne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow some ones got a stick up their ***, if the menu mods ruined the game why does it matter if people mod it more? At the end of the day this console generation is nearly over and I haven't turned on my xbox on in over a year so I'm really not concerned in people use it to cheat.

kcozart

kcozart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Use xextools to dump the default.xex . Really not that hard to obtain the relevant encryptian key.
hello
i went to the offset in a hex editor 0xF876D8 32 bits long
Once I get there do I just highlight 20 characters from the cursor which would be 32 in hex?

T

twisted0ne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hello
i went to the offset in a hex editor 0xF876D8 32 bits long
Once I get there do I just highlight 20 characters from the cursor which would be 32 in hex?

You cannot get the key from xextool, that key is for the xex encryption not the archive.

Check the forum on my site, I've uploaded a brief tutorial.

Last edited:
XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik

Contributor
Programmer Modder Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
The download links are down for me, adfly is not working. Can you re-upload them, direct link, or another site like adfly? Thanks

EDIT: Tool works nicely.

Last edited:
Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's about damn time! Red Dead wasn't ruined by the cheat menu being released or leaked or whatever, idiots, it just simply gave few who modded it the ability to have god mode (at most), big deal. The "spawn Coach to freeze" sh*t never works anyway, it's not like that's even remotely close to ruining the game. I think it's about time someone released something to actually, LEGITIMATELY mod Red Dead, by making your own mods, rather than having a boring *ss cheat menu that's the most minor ISO mod I've ever seen.
Now people can start developing cool sh*t for Red Dead, rather than just plain ole GTA. It also does seem that our current generations' consoles are going a little out of date so that makes this release even lesser of a "big" deal. Max Payne 3 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles you can't really be as creative with developing modifications as you can with games more open-world such as Red Dead, but to those who mod Max Payne 3 (for god mode/any unfair advantage over other players) are just straight up douches though hahaha.

Hopefully the modifications made by this write tool will start out basic and simple such as weapon projectile swapping and HUD editing along with a few texture mods, then over time, possibly scripts/command mods blah blah, will start coming out of Red Dead's cornhole.

Last edited:
Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
A lot of people have asked for this in the past here so thought I'd leave a thread to let you all know that I've released a public Read/Write version of my Tool so head over to http://tmacdev.com to grab the download.

Twisted.

Great release Twisted, it's really nice to see you finally released your tool. You could do really well here on 7s, I hope to see you around more often. :smile:

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
NO WAY YOU JUST RELEASED THIS!

Duck Duck come check this outt!

You just made my day <3 
Oh shite didnt realize Duck Duck had replied already :tongue: could you get on skype please? :wink:

If anyone gets the decryption key, could you post it here? hehe

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
NO WAY YOU JUST RELEASED THIS!

Duck Duck come check this outt!

You just made my day <3 
Oh ****e didnt realize Duck Duck had replied already :tongue: could you get on skype please? :wink:

If anyone gets the decryption key, could you post it here? hehe

Do you know how much trouble you can get in for posting the keys? lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register