Router Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
So I have a BT voyager 2091 Wireless ADSL router and my isp is AOL, I wanted to know how to fix my router or a new one to buy. It comes on with the power lights and the wireless light but there is no internet when I connect. It has also changed name from BTVoyager-93.... (can't remember it) to RTA1025W-CD... (can't remember it all either)
AOL isn't down or it is and they didn't tell us but I think it is a router problem. We use a DSL(I think its that) line to plug into the router.

About getting a new one:
a few questions(by the way I know nothing about this kind of stuff)
1.Does it need to b "compatile" with my connection?
2.What type should I buy?(my friend talked about a mad catz one if that would improve the speeds?)
3. How much would it cost?(any good one under £50 that includes P&P)

thanks guys

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
So I have a BT voyager 2091 Wireless ADSL router and my isp is AOL, I wanted to know how to fix my router or a new one to buy. It comes on with the power lights and the wireless light but there is no internet when I connect. It has also changed name from BTVoyager-93.... (can't remember it) to RTA1025W-CD... (can't remember it all either)
AOL isn't down or it is and they didn't tell us but I think it is a router problem. We use a DSL(I think its that) line to plug into the router.

About getting a new one:
a few questions(by the way I know nothing about this kind of stuff)
1.Does it need to b "compatile" with my connection?
2.What type should I buy?(my friend talked about a mad catz one if that would improve the speeds?)
3. How much would it cost?(any good one under £50 that includes P&P)

thanks guys

Don't replace it yet, sounds like the drivers are different to when you installed them. Open device manage, and uninstall the drivers, this is assuming you connect to is using a USB cable, after unsinstalling the drivers, disconnect it form your PC, restart your PC, then re-connect, it may install automatically, if it does, you should now be good, if not,. find the CD that came with it, and install the drivers, restart your PC, and you should be good to go.

Weeb

Wee Bro x Diie

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
Don't replace it yet, sounds like the drivers are different to when you installed them. Open device manage, and uninstall the drivers, this is assuming you connect to is using a USB cable, after unsinstalling the drivers, disconnect it form your PC, restart your PC, then re-connect, it may install automatically, if it does, you should now be good, if not,. find the CD that came with it, and install the drivers, restart your PC, and you should be good to go.
its wireless and also I cannot connect to it on anything (ipod, laptop 3 different xbox's) abd why would it change name?

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Reaction score
its wireless and also I cannot connect to it on anything (ipod, laptop 3 different xbox's) abd why would it change name?

Let me guess, you never changed the default access details? Sounds like some wifi-warrior has messed with you

I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Have you got the BT-Voyager to work with AOL before??? BT-Voyager wont work with AOL. I had one before, and someone told me it would be a right pain in the arse to make it work with a different ISP. I dont think you can change the settings in the router to make it work with another ISP.

Bar Starred

YourMumOnToast9

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you got the BT-Voyager to work with AOL before??? BT-Voyager wont work with AOL. I had one before, and someone told me it would be a right pain in the arse to make it work with a different ISP. I dont think you can change the settings in the router to make it work with another ISP.
Not all the time :smile: My provider is AOL, and my original modem / router was a BT Voyager :smile:

nope
so what do I do?

Try to visit the IP address 192.168.0.1, via a wired connection to your modem. If this is not possible, look on the back for a reset pin, if there is one on your model, press it for 5>30 seconds, should reset everything, including the access details. Hopefully this will give you access again,

And when you regain control, change the frickin access details! Failing that, set up mac address filtering, so as only devices you specify can access the device, this is what i do, as most computers in my house dual-boot, so i don't need to set the connection up with a key on any computer, simply get the network adapters MAC address, and instruct my router to accept anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom