• Views 2,266
Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just thought I would make a tutorial about this since some people were having trouble with it.

What you will need
  1. Rooted device
  2. Root browser
  3. and if you want to take the easy fast way out of this whole tutorial for boot animations go here

Boot-up animation
  • download a new boot animation .zip file (I put mine in storage/emulated/legacy/download)
  • open Root Explorer
  • navigate to where you put the new .zip
  • make a backup, just incase
  • copy the new .zip
  • paste it into /system/media
  • rename it "bootanimation.zip." (if it isn't already)(IT NEEDS TO BE THAT, otherwise it will note work!!!)
  • re-boot to see if you did it right
Here is a site with some boot animations: http://androidbootanimation.com/

Shutdown animation
  • Just use the same steps as "Boot-up Animations"
  • make sure you download a "Shutdown animation" and not a start up animation.
  • rename the file "shutdownanimation.zip"
  • re-boot to see if you did it right
For the "Boot animation app"
  • download the app
  • find a boot animation you like
  • hit "install"
  • and re-boot to make sure you did it right
- For a boot up animation, make sure to check out this thread: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/made-a-boot-animation-need-a- tester.1336288/
It is currently is progress, but its pretty cool.

If you need any help post here, and I'll be happy to help you.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device,
it is your choice to make these modifications on your device.

Last edited:
Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I had a hard time doing this because of touchwiz using qmg files instead of a normal zip, after some research I finally made a zip I could flash and it worked, thanks again for the basis of the tutorial, I now have a stock Google boot logo instead the default Galaxy S4 one

illusion_time

illusion_time

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had a hard time doing this because of touchwiz using qmg files instead of a normal zip, after some research I finally made a zip I could flash and it worked, thanks again for the basis of the tutorial, I now have a stock Google boot logo instead the default Galaxy S4 one
Hey bro, i have the same problem with the .qmg files but when i tried to use it it deleted all of my original qmg files, so now when i boot up my phone just goes black for about 30 seconds and than comes on, lolol, any advice?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey bro, i have the same problem with the .qmg files but when i tried to use it it deleted all of my original qmg files, so now when i boot up my phone just goes black for about 30 seconds and than comes on, lolol, any advice?
What phone and carrier are you running? I can try to find the original files for you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register