What's new

Unsolved ROL mod with acev5

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i am running the ace v5 debug led to the rol on a slim corona, done the same with many trinity boards and ace v3 chips, i used a method explained by Newsk here... https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...nstall-guide-for-trinty-motherboards.1673398/

scroll down to where he shows how to wire up the rol to the chip, for some reason on this board the led i have installed to the ROL is constantly lit, ive tried both sides of debug resistor and direct to the led, same thing, is there something different about the rol on a corona ?

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...i tried this now with both a 1409 and 1410 board, albeit on the same console, on both boards the led i added is lit constantly when connected to the acev5, i tried connecting to both the debug led and its resistorhis method has worked fine with ac3v3 and matrix chips wired up in the same way, whats causing this ?

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i noticed also, that it reversed, the light is on constantly but when the chip it glitching it goes out, essentially, its back to front, how do i remedy this ?

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
right, this is a ****ing pain in the arse, must be something different with the acev5, i have tried so many methods now, i usually have no trouble at all, not matter what i do, i can wire it one way and the rol led stays on all the time, or wire it another way and it stays on but goes off when the chip debug lights, or not light at all....WTF

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also wired it up so the player led flashes when its glitching, but once it boots and startd the rol sequence that one doesnt light...

Can someone explain to me whats going on

i tried with a diode, with a transistor

B

BlaxeHazModz

Reaction score
also wired it up so the player led flashes when its glitching, but once it boots and startd the rol sequence that one doesnt light...

Can someone explain to me whats going on

i tried with a diode, with a transistor
Also having the same problem this is truely a ****ing pain in the arse. You think they would consider this when they made the updated version of the chip to at least be as good as the previous versions if not improve. There has to be a way though right? Let me know if you have any luck mate. I'll keep trying & post an update if I have any result or find anything out.. Good luck Loady I hope it works for you. Keep in touch. 😎
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to try what I read in another post on here to do with ROL mod alternatives & use the correct transistor to reverse the signal. I know you said you tried this already but perhaps you used the wrong transistor or wired it the wrong way. Just an idea man. Try it if you like, I hope it helps..

Last edited:
Top Bottom