• Thread starter Piggehhh
  • Start date
  • Views 1,436
Piggehhh

Piggehhh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you've driven the Infernus Classic you'll know it decides to just spin out randomly when turning at speed.
Apparently it's broken. 1 wheel is technically permanently damaged (like when you stance a car)
Over on NODO the racers are also saying that it's not just the Infernus Classic, the Dominator, Gauntlet and Vigero also seem broken

MetalineMyke

MetalineMyke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Knew about the infernus but not the others. Dupe detection and now we have to put up with sub par handling onto of that?
F R* :mad:

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess the phrase "It's not the Car, but the Driver" does not apply here. Now we actually have a reason to blame the cars, lol.

Rollin Royce

Rollin Royce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree on the Vigero, could be the best muscle in the game. Great camber, good stance, like a well-balanced revolver feels in your hand. Too bad it's a dawg.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Speaking of buffing cars, I would love to see the Virgo (normal) be buffed. You know, the one added in the IGG1 Update. On Social Club, it would seem fast and good, but in-game, it's just a bucket.

Looks absolutely sweet, though.
Hmm, I wonder if this bug affects this vehicle too? Or maybe every car?

Rollin Royce

Rollin Royce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks absolutely sweet, though.
Hmm, I wonder if this bug affects this vehicle too? Or maybe every car?
Is this really a thing? I haven't tried out the new car, but in a new stunt race recently one of my trusty banshees just flipped out after speed ramps. I know stunt races are different conditions, but maybe those conditionals are spilling over onto the game at large.

sweedy

sweedy

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's really a thing, that needs fixing ASAP, but luckily I don't race the Infernus. The Dominator has always handled like **** for me, I take the Sabre or Blade. I do have a Pigalle, actually I own a couple of them, but not for racing. It's hard to tell in freeroam, you can't get 100 yards without NPC drivers veering into you, or cops ramming you and then shooting instantly.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Haven't had the chance to drive the Infernus yet but this to me sounds like the Sanctus debacle all over again - like driving on ice. That thing is my main bike (ie. the one that limits damage and regenerates health) but handles like an absolute pig. Muscle cars have always been a bit of an acquired taste on GTA - my choice of vehicle for sure and a pre-requisite as your main vehicle if you join my crew - but they've always handled terribly. The Nightshade is just horrible to drive with full Engine and Turbo mods.

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I wonder what Rockstar has changed to cause this? If it's true that this just started with the release of the Infernus Classis it would have to be tunable related.

chairsniffa

chairsniffa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
odd, I don't notice anything to suggest it drives like its missing a wheel. Maybe its just me.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If you've driven the Infernus Classic you'll know it decides to just spin out randomly when turning at speed.
Apparently it's broken. 1 wheel is technically permanently damaged (like when you stance a car)
Over on NODO the racers are also saying that it's not just the Infernus Classic, the Dominator, Gauntlet and Vigero also seem broken
Lol, they aren't broken. The infernus classic is just that. It's an older version of the car. Handling in turns at high speeds is just something it will not do. As for muscle cars, it's no huge secret that the dominator and the gaunlet have to much HP and too little weight in the rear. And the vigero is an older car with sponge like suspension. I haven't noticed anything different in the handling of the muscle cars. That is why in muscle car races I use the picador. Everyone laughs at the beginning of the race but go silent when I finish 1st.
I have not purchased the infernus classic yet so there very well may be issues. But it is likely users are making right turns starting from an inside line and the car is rolling up toward the outside where when making a left turn they are midway up and before crashing they are hard turning left causing the back end to break loose. I am not sure, I will buy the car friday and give my opinion on that car. As for the dominator and it's older variants throughout gta history it has had high power and very low bite in turns.
A racer has to adjust their driving habits for each car as they all handle differently. I mean how boring would it be to buy any car and all drive the same? Now if we incorporate some drift style races everyone will now be complaining that the other better grip cars are broken. Not every car can make it through a sharp turn at a high rate of speed. That is why race car selection is crucial.
I mean if we go by everyone's logic then the hotknife is very broken as it does not hardly turn at all with any speed behind it.
I will agree that at times the dominator is somewhat of a pain as your round a turn and completely spin out. But, if you spend time practicing with that car you will eventually learn how to drive it. My favorite drivers are the full right trigger no matter what drivers. They make for easy victory.
Anyway, just my book of 2 cents.

chairsniffa

chairsniffa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
try going 120 in anything and **** hooking it to try and make a corner.. btw I don't think GTA was ever a racing simulator. Go play forza my dude.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I can tell you that the 811 is absolutely broken on PS4. I completely believe that there are problems with the other cars that have been mentioned.
Hehe, the 811 was the biggest waste of money for me. It's not really broken though. It handles like trash because it is narrow.
For me that car sucks. Although I have been beat by an 811 in stunt races. So, some have adapted to it's driving disadvantages.
And honestly after buying it I think it looks kinda odd too. It has over an inch of dust in my garage as it doesn't ever leave there.
And holy ****!! I went to unload it and saw it was only fetching just over 700k and decided it will rot in my garage. Talk about buyers remorse.

delawarebratboi

delawarebratboi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hehe, the 811 was the biggest waste of money for me. It's not really broken though. It handles like trash because it is narrow.
For me that car sucks. Although I have been beat by an 811 in stunt races. So, some have adapted to it's driving disadvantages.
And honestly after buying it I think it looks kinda odd too. It has over an inch of dust in my garage as it doesn't ever leave there.
And holy ****!! I went to unload it and saw it was only fetching just over 700k and decided it will rot in my garage. Talk about buyers remorse.
I know exactly how the 811 drives, I race it all the time. It's the current king of Dipping In(Crew mate lap time 1:55, my personal best 1:58.) I've never had to slow down this much to make a slight left turn without spinning out. This only happens when turning left, making right hand turns everything feels normal.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think GTA was ever a racing simulator.

Yes and no. 'Driver' on the original PS1 was the game R* envisioned for GTA once it became 3D - a 'driving simulator' with elements of RPG. Cars always were first and foremost in the world of GTA so it was only natural progression once it made it to multiplayer that people use them competitively.

Rollin Royce

Rollin Royce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's really a thing, that needs fixing ASAP, but luckily I don't race the Infernus. The Dominator has always handled like **** for me, I take the Sabre or Blade. I do have a Pigalle, actually I own a couple of them, but not for racing. It's hard to tell in freeroam, you can't get 100 yards without NPC drivers veering into you, or cops ramming you and then shooting instantly.
Thanks for the explanation. So what I suspect across a few vehicles is actually happening among many. For instance, my Lynx. Took the ole boiled English roast out for a spin, and guess what, it was better than I could've remembered.

I then made a test. Stole two street Sultans. Fully upgraded one into lowrider. Fully upgraded the other with no lowrider. The non-lowrider one that remains in the sports class is a drifting machine, head-to-head with just about any well-driven upmodded Futo. I'm looking back into my screen captures, and it doesn't look like this was the case back in early Feb., the latest I ever drove a Sultan.

In the name of science I declare something is going on with the physics. Maybe they're finally putting in a Burnout-worthy drift mechanism.

sweedy

sweedy

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think GTA was ever a racing simulator. Go play forza my dude.
Well, I don't think GTA is a "Run-Around-Like-A-Moron-Shooting-Everything-And-Everyone-For-No-Reason" simulaton, but millions of gamers disagree, judging by freeroam lobbies I see. Everyone has freedom of choice when it concerns how they play GTA.
Look, here's the thing, I play GTA with my friends daily, have for over three years since launch. We steal cars, dupe, glitch, race, play deathmatches, take a train, troll people, fly aircraft, sail boats, play golf, go off-roading, climb mountains and lots more. GTA isn't a golf game, an off-roading game, a train ride simulator, a sailing simulator, a racing simulator, blah, blah, blah either.
It's all of those things, none of those things, more than all of those things. But, when reduced to a comparison - An unfair comparison, I might add! - of the most accurate SIMULATION, of course GTA doesn't simulate racing as well as Forza, or golf as well as PGA '17, what do you expect?
We don't keep playing because it's the best simulation of any genre, it's not even close to being a good shooter, much less an accurate racing sim. It's because the sum of all the flawed parts is an unrivalled whole. There is no game that even comes close to GTA as a social gaming experience, unfortunately. If there were, I'd be playing it myself. The simple fact is, heading for four years after the inception of GTA:O, nothing and no one has come close to offering a fraction of what GTA delivers in one package. I play other games, racing games, sports games and so on, but in the evening, when my friends are online, it's GTA every day. We all keep hoping for a new game, but it's not happened yet, so it has to be GTA for now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register