Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iihackzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Who here plays Rock Band 2?

I'm looking for new players to play with.
It gets a little frustrating looking for decent players via live that have some decent DLC.
I have 122 DLC + RB 1. Platinum Drummer and Vocalist.

If you're interested go ahead and add me on XBL
GT : iihackzz

Just a little taste of how good I can do.
[I don't really update on scores anymore]
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x261/MXHacks/IMG_0225.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x261/MXHacks/IMG_0213.jpg

A

adam88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what difficulty did u play those on??? maybe ill add u.I usually play guitar on expert.. ive gotten like 74% on Visions Expert guitar, and about 76% on Caprici di diablo on Expert guitar... both by myself. I am also really good with drums, but sadly, mine are broken:frown:

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
^shows the difficulty right above the Percent, he did Expert on both.
I'm on expert drums and I have both of those songs, but I'm nowhere near as good as you lol.

I

iihackzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I play all 4 instruments on expert, which includes those Photo's. Could you not tell by my Platinum :tongue:

I have 72/84 Drum FC's

And roughly 80/84 Bass FC's
Around 80/84 Vox [Also Plat]
And I didn't bother with Guitar hah

Yeah, @ Chris, Just a little taste at how good I am, I can fc the blue roll on This Calling almost every time. I even throw in a "Meow" if you get my reference.

Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm hardly ever on anymore, but when I am I'm playing RB2 or GH. I play Expert guitar and I can sing as well (my mic is broken right now though).

I can FC most songs (outside of the last tier or two, where I can 95%+ those), but I don't have a ton of DLC. I have most of the metal songs (All That Remains, Prada, Black Dahlia, etc.) plus all the RB1 songs.

Send me a F/R if you want and we can play. My GT is xVeroSoldier. Be warned, I tend to suck a bit more at co-op for some reason. The hammer-ons/pull-offs are weird in co-op I guess.

A

adam88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JESUS CHRIST.....I have both these songs, and i can beat them both pretty easily on expert drums, but D-A-M-N:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

how do you get the RB1 songs on RB2?:?

I

iihackzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
adam88 said:
JESUS CHRIST.....I have both these songs, and i can beat them both pretty easily on expert drums, but D-A-M-N:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

how do you get the RB1 songs on RB2?:?

Get the RB1 disk, go to Options and click Export. It's like 5 bucks.

I'll send you a F/R Vero

Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iihackzz said:
I'll send you a F/R Vero
Sounds good man. I'll probably be on a bit this weekend if you wanna play a bit.

A

adam88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i haz homecomming this weekend on sat., but other than that, im on EVERY weekend starting at about 9:00A.M. and stopping at aboout 5:00A.M., so...:thumbup:

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
iihackzz said:
I play all 4 instruments on expert, which includes those Photo's. Could you not tell by my Platinum :tongue:

I have 72/84 Drum FC's

And roughly 80/84 Bass FC's
Around 80/84 Vox [Also Plat]
And I didn't bother with Guitar hah

Yeah, @ Chris, Just a little taste at how good I am, I can fc the blue roll on This Calling almost every time. I even throw in a "Meow" if you get my reference.
ha yeah i get it, and damn.
I can't even beat it =(. I almost did once but i failed, I don't play it a whole lot though.
If you wanna see how bad i suck compared to you my GT is xI DISAST3R lx

I

Inverted

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i can pass pretty much anything on x drums apart from the insane stuff, ive completed who are you, tom sayer panic attack, everlong just some songs i cant do. the ending of give it all i choke heavily and i reckon i could complete painkiller if i tried.

I

iihackzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Inverted said:
i can pass pretty much anything on x drums apart from the insane stuff, ive completed who are you, tom sayer panic attack, everlong just some songs i cant do. the ending of give it all i choke heavily and i reckon i could complete painkiller if i tried.

To be completely honest Painkiller is not had, you just need to know how to manage your energy.

Remember, this isn't real drums so you don't have to hit the pads hard, you can hit them softly reducing fatigue[Unless your drum set is messed up of course].
Another tip most people know is try to use your wrist more than your arms. Arms should pretty much be a backup.

For example Blinded by fear is like Let there be Rock just faster and more notes, but shorter. How I got through it is strengthening my wrists. Towards the end tho I ended up using my arms.

One more tip, put on Breakneck Speed. It spreads out the notes. It doesn't change the speed of the song. Believe it or not, playing with BS is easier than with out it.

Give these tips a try and you should get better.

I

Inverted

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no its not that painkiller is hard its just that my leg locks up on the pedal and what some songs that you reccommend getting wrist speed up on?

Twis7ed Fate

Twis7ed Fate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Inverted said:
no its not that painkiller is hard its just that my leg locks up on the pedal and what some songs that you reccommend getting wrist speed up on?
probably everlong or run to the hills if you have RB1

I

iihackzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Inverted said:

Well you want to start out slow and easy. You should try going through the beats and fills on Rock Band, that's some good practice the higher you put the RPM.

xAODxH34dSh0t said:
probably everlong or run to the hills if you have RB1

Everlong would be a little big much in my eyes.
Run to the hills on Rb1 same thing, if any of you have the Rb2 version, uhm it's harder than Rb1's.

A good song to start with is definitely Let there be rock. It's not a long continuous roll like the other two songs mentioned.
It's a nice steady beat through.

Some tips for foot pedal.

I do the Heel up Heel down method. As apposed to the regular Heel up method you keep your heel up the whole time. I bring it up and down.
For more faster beats such as
What a horrible night to have a curse, I keep my heel on the pedal.
So it's pretty much all about balance.

Overall you just need to practice getting your foot/leg to respond fast. I know most people say try to use your foot more than your leg, but to be completely honest I move mostly with my leg. I don't tire out either, expect on songs like What a horrible night to have a curse[Google the Note Chart to see what I am talking about].

There's also another method that's is becoming pretty popular and I've used it a few times, with little success because it throws off my beat.
Two feet one pedal, youtube it if you want to learn more about it.

Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
iihackzz said:
One more tip, put on Breakneck Speed. It spreads out the notes. It doesn't change the speed of the song. Believe it or not, playing with BS is easier than with out it.

I can't play without BS/Hyperspeed. It helps immensely. On GH I play hyperspeed 5.

iihackzz said:
I don't tire out either, expect on songs like What a horrible night to have a curse[Google the Note Chart to see what I am talking about].

That's because Shannon Lucas is the f***ing man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register