• Views 3,138

Who is better?

• Total voters
StevenGerrard8

StevenGerrard8

Reaction score
Sin$
Robin Van Persie or Luis Suarez?

Me and my mates argue about this all the time, personally I think Luis is better. Robin only has one more goal yet he plays for a team which is in first position, where as Luis has had to almost single-handedly win most of our matches for Liverpool.

Luis can do lots of skill, is much quicker and I think he's an over-all better player. For people who think Robin's better think of this, do you honestly reckon he'd be as good if he played for a team which is eighth like Liverpool? Would he still shine then?

People say Robin is more clinical, but Luis is the only player in the top five leagues in the world along with Cristiano (Ronaldo) and Lionel (Messi) to have over a hundred shots.

RVP-SUAREZ040113.jpg

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I like players, but I have a left foot bias so Van Persie is my guy, I wish he still played for Arsenal, I don't even watch the Premier League anymore because of that ****, I hate Man U

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
RVP, Suarez is a cheater, having to score a handball against a much lower teague team then kissed his hand, pathetic... Even playerwise RvP is better, this season he has done more goals than suarez.

StevenGerrard8

StevenGerrard8

Reaction score
Sin$
RVP, Suarez is a cheater, having to score a handball against a much lower teague team then kissed his hand, pathetic... Even playerwise RvP is better, this season he has done more goals than suarez.

Only one more goal, also I doubt Robin could have the same impact at a team like Liverpool that Luis had, also just saying Luis kisses his hand after every goal, it's a tribute to his family, his wife and daughter's name is tattoed to his wrist.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Only one more goal, also I doubt Robin could have the same impact at a team like Liverpool that Luis had, also just saying Luis kisses his hand after every goal, it's a tribute to his family, his wife and daughter's name is tattoed to his wrist.

Still a hand ball against a lower league team.

Suarez has had such an impact because w/o him liverpool would have no other players that do well constantly.. Read on twitter that w/o suarez goals liverpool would be at bottom or something.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Still a hand ball against a lower league team.

Suarez has had such an impact because w/o him liverpool would have no other players that do well constantly.. Read on twitter that w/o suarez goals liverpool would be at bottom or something.
So would Man Utd, they'd be 16th without RVP's goals.. this was a few weeks back tho.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Almost every player in the world would have scored that goal given the chance.

You can't compare the two players on just the amount of goals scored... RVP just stands there while Suarez works a lot more for his team.

Also, RVP has scored a few hattricks v absolute **** teams this season, Suarez spreads his goals out.

At the moment.. RVP is better, slightly..

-dylan

-dylan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RVP is better imo look what he did for Arsenal last season as well, he got them into the top 4 with 26 league goals.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Almost every player in the world would have scored that goal given the chance.

Yes they wouldve but against like i said a team who is 2 or however many leagues beneath thats bad.. Not saying suarez is bad at football but hes just not fair play..

MrFifa

MrFifa

Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
For me it's Van Persie, people seem to forget how many chances Suarez misses, RVP has a much better conversion rate, not to mention I think he has more assists? Not sure about the assists though.

StevenGerrard8

StevenGerrard8

Reaction score
Sin$
So would Man Utd, they'd be 16th without RVP's goals.. this was a few weeks back tho.

That's not necessarily true, if RVP didn't score those goals Hernandez probably would of, maybe not 16 but not far off.

Buntdogg

Buntdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's not necessarily true, if RVP didn't score those goals Hernandez probably would of, maybe not 16 but not far off.

This is just what i was going to say liverpool only have him as a striker, where as man u have alot more players to help do the job so...no they wouldnt be 16th. On rvp he has been doin it season after season for arsenal and doubled suarez score tally last year, suarez hasnt...hes just having a good-ish season and hes a cheating little diving rat at that. Wouldnt care if he stood his ground he would prob get the shot off and maybe score

StevenGerrard8

StevenGerrard8

Reaction score
Sin$
This is just what i was going to say liverpool only have him as a striker, where as man u have alot more players to help do the job so...no they wouldnt be 16th. On rvp he has been doin it season after season for arsenal and doubled suarez score tally last year, suarez hasnt...hes just having a good-ish season and hes a cheating little diving rat at that. Wouldnt care if he stood his ground he would prob get the shot off and maybe score

Suarez would of scored much more but he was banned for 9 games, once for calling Evra a 'negrito', which means black in Spanish and isn't at all offensive, Spanish people sometimes call each other negrito anyway.

Then he was banned for putting his middle finger up to Fulham fans (Arguably his fault).

Buntdogg

Buntdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So not only is he a diving c**t then, hes a racist and a horrible a**ehole...and obvious it is offensive as he wouldnt have been charged with that by the f.a

Buntdogg

Buntdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also on him missin games last season he played 31 games 33 if u include coming on nd he scored 11 times...rvp played 38 games scored 30

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Grizzled Veteran Programmer Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
If we were talking FIFA then Luis Suarez but as for IRL this shouldn't even be question as it is RVP all the way. All you have to do is look at the BPL table and stats every year to see what a difference RVP makes.

Could RVP have the same impact at a club like Liverpool? Last season? Arsenal? When he carried Arsenal exactly like Suarez with Liverpool?

Luis Suarez may have a 100 shots which I'm guessing is more than RVP (Assuming that was the point you were making) but who has more goals?

Didier

Didier

FIFA Franchise
Grizzled Veteran Programmer Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes they wouldve but against like i said a team who is 2 or however many leagues beneath thats bad.. Not saying suarez is bad at football but hes just not fair play..
TBF to Suarez I don't think there's much he could of done about that handball goal (If it's the one I'm thinking of)

It's the World Cup handball save for Uruguay that is a disgrace especially because they went on to win the game

Suarez would of scored much more but he was banned for 9 games, once for calling Evra a 'negrito', which means black in Spanish and isn't at all offensive, Spanish people sometimes call each other negrito anyway.
I believe it stands for "Little black man" I don't really find it offensive but their trying to kick that sorta stuff out of Football so I can understand why he got a ban

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

Liverpool have more than 1 striker.. without Suarez's goals we would be bottom (this was a few weeks ago).. but that doesn't mean no one else would score... it's the exact same as Rvp really.

As for saying he's just having a "good-ish" season, that's just laughable, you sound a bit bitter to me? 34 goals in 47 games is very good... he has scored 7 goals in 8 world cup qualifier games for Uruguay even..

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So not only is he a diving c**t then, hes a racist and a horrible a**ehole...and obvious it is offensive as he wouldnt have been charged with that by the f.a
Implying that the FA aren't complete retards are you?

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think Van Persie will keep this form up next season... or even keep it up for the rest of this season.. he has already gone 3 weeks without scoring now.. and he has scored a few hattricks against **** teams this season which boost his stats up a lot.

He is an amazing player, but I bet he will be no where near as effective next season. He's 30 in a few months so from now on he is on a decline physically too.

Top Bottom
Login
Register