What's new

Show Off Roach Build 90% finished

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Please excuse the mess. I am in the middle of moving and I will update when I have my office completed.

Specs:

-ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard
-I7-8700K CPU
-64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 RAM
-1TB M.2 Wester Digital SSD
-Msi Gtx 1080TI
-Thermaltake Core P90 case
-Thermaltake Tough Power Grand 850 PSU
-Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360mm Radiator
-EK-FB Cpu block
-Pacific PR22-D5 Reservoir/Pump Combo (waiting for my new one)
-Two Pacific Temperature Sensor’s
-Koolance Flow Meter (not installed yet)
-Phobya Passthrough Temp Sensor
-Three Cooler Master pro 120mm fans for Radiator
-XSPC PTEG fittings
-Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM keyboard with MM300 Mouse Mat
-TtEsports Level 10M mouse
-Asus ROG PG348Q monitor
-Asus ROG Centurion headset
-Eagle Orion surround sound

Last edited:
T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Reserved

Last edited:
T

TheBrix

#PCMasterRace
Reaction score
Sorry about the mess, and I am waiting on my keyboard and mouse pad to come in the mail this week. I also am waiting on my PTEG fittings to get here for my hard-line setup to install my larger radiator, but this is the gist of it.

That is why my parents, took my credit card away. HAHA, ontopic nice **** my dude.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
How do you like that CPU so far?

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
How do you like that CPU so far?

It was more than I thought it would be. I can run it stable at 5.1GHz without a problem. I delidded it and can bench it at 5.2GHz, but I haven't tried running it that hard for long periods, no need for it. I upgraded my cooling system and when I get around to it I will upload the new pictures and the whole setup.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
It was more than I thought it would be. I can run it stable at 5.1GHz without a problem. I delidded it and can bench it at 5.2GHz, but I haven't tried running it that hard for long periods, no need for it. I upgraded my cooling system and when I get around to it I will upload the new pictures and the whole setup.
Cool! Plan on getting this setup right here and then swapping over my 1080 from my current build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t2p48Y

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Cool! Plan on getting this setup right here and then swapping over my 1080 from my current build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t2p48Y

You already have an SSD? I would probably choose a different MOBO, but that is just my opinion. That CPU cooler is also overpriced, and honestly you can air cool the CPU around the same level that Kraken could perform. I cannot find the post a couple guys had using the Kraken over a good air setup like the Noctua NH-D15 cooler, but the Kraken is probably not the best route for the money. If you're interested in water-cooling at all I have a whole setup that would work if you want to work out a deal.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
You already have an SSD? I would probably choose a different MOBO, but that is just my opinion. That CPU cooler is also overpriced, and honestly you can air cool the CPU around the same level that Kraken could perform. I cannot find the post a couple guys had using the Kraken over a good air setup like the Noctua NH-D15 cooler, but the Kraken is probably not the best route for the money. If you're interested in water-cooling at all I have a whole setup that would work if you want to work out a deal.
Yes I have everything already but the things listed, I have 4SSD's and a 2TB drive. I prefer water cooling and the mobo I heard was just fine.

S

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Reaction score
5.1? Jesus, and I thought my 4.7 was impressive lol

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
5.1? Jesus, and I thought my 4.7 was impressive lol

No joke.... I was actually more impressed with this CPU than I have been with any for a long time. I kept hearing people hitting 5GHz without much problem, and most motherboards have a dummy-proof easy clock to hit that number, but I was shocked when it was doing it stable. I would never recommend an "automatic" style overclock manufacturers use, but people are running it just fine. My system at 5.2GHz, 1.37V, full load bench/stress test only has hit 62C...

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
That's a god damn transformer

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Yes I have everything already but the things listed, I have 4SSD's and a 2TB drive. I prefer water cooling and the mobo I heard was just fine.

I didn't mean it as an insult if that is how you took it, but that mobo is just not as good as others for the price. The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS always seems to go on sale and will demolish that board. I almost want to pick one up for myself to test it, but through microcenter I only paid 90$ for mine due to a pricing error on their part. If you do end up going with that ASUS it would be cool to see how our setups compare, and the kind of numbers you can hit from it. I will also mention that you said you have 4SSD's, are they M.2 or sata? My friend didn't pay attention to the M.2 setup when he built his, and didn't realize they share data through the sata ports.

T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Updated with new block and other random parts.

[/url]

Top Bottom