Ripped burnt cd's to my 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Braggenator, Jun 23, 2009 with 13 replies and 351 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    I recently compiled all my System Of a Down Albums onto one Cd. they are .mp3 format and have all details, (size, name, album art, etc.)
    I place the Cd into my xbox, It reads it as a mixed Media Cd and I can play the song but there is no option to rip.
    What am I doing wrong? is there anything I can do to fix this?
    any help would be much appreciated.

2. gcnd0001

gcnd0001 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont think the 360 likes mp3's. If I am correct, to rip you need to have them in .wma format. Then when you do rip it gets fuxked in the but because the names don't transfer.

3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You should have it and it doesn't really matter what it is. I have burned mp4 and mp3 and able to rip with ease. Should be able to rip.

4. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    It still doesn't, The xbox reads it as a mixed media cd, is this bad, all I have done is put all my albums that I bought off iTunes on a disk to transfer to my xbox.
    Frustrating.

another quick question:
    <<<< what is with the credit thing

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Look in the announcements for info on the credits... As for the ripping problem, you burned the disk wrong. You can't just put the files on the disk and burn, that's the wrong way to do it. Instead, you need to compile an audio CD with something such as Nero. If it shows as a Mixed Media Disk, it is NOT and audio CD.

6. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    okay I'm trying to add them in Nero under create my Audio CD, but I'm getting an error with the majority of the songs, the error:

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.

It may be possible, that the files can be added, if a dedicated plug-in is installed.
    C:\Users\j****\Desktop\S.O.A.D\38 Needles.mp3

any idea what plug-in it may be talking about?
    all the files are .mp3 including the ones successfully being added

7. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    any idea on this mystery plug in?

8. quent1113

quent1113 Newbie

Ratings:
  9. S1R34L

S1R34L Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The easiest way is to just not put that one song in. If may just be corrupted. If they're all in .mp3 format and that single one is not working, take it out.

10. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    its around 30 songs that won't work, can anyone recommend a different program that will yield the same results?

11. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    itunes? That what i used. I burned 8 full disc then ripped them on my 360. All worked perfect.

12. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    hmm I used iTunes to make the original disk.
    are there any other programs apart from nero and iTuned i could use? and also how to use them.

13. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Guys, what he did was make an MP3 disk. On an MP3 disc, the songs are stored as data. Therefore, you can get about 200 songs onto one disc. But only certain players can read them. In iTunes, check the box "Audio CD" instead of "MP3 CD" when you burn.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Braggenator

Braggenator Newbie

Ratings:
    ahh thank you, I'm now rocking it out on prototype with S.O.A.D