RIP Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by T Sizzles, Dec 6, 2008 with 7 replies and 383 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    So my console made 11/3/2005 just got the RROD. I had it since January of 2006 when my launch console died.

Anyways is the online repair center / warranty checker working for anyone? I already called in, but just wondering if I'm the only person that it isn't working for because I can't find any other explanations on Xbox.com forums.

In case anyone else is wondering why it doesn't work, Microsoft now has took the site down for servicing. It should be working after 9AM PST/12 EST.

2. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I have an xbox with the same maufacturer's date and it's still alive *thumbs up* I've never seen the RRoD in person before. *thumbs up x2*

3. crank dat curry

crank dat curry Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :frown: May it rest in peace :tongue:!

My early 06 console is still running :smile:!

4. OP
    T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It was making odd noises a few months ago and it was about to break. Then a few weeks ago when I turned on my Xbox I got the RROD, turned it off, and turned it back on again and it worked fine. It started making funny noises when COD5 was booting up last week.

I'm actually kinda glad it died when it did. My 3 year extension expires on Christmas Eve. I sent it out today so in about 10 days it should be back.

5. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Yeah, I havent been able to register a console for a while now. Something is wrong with it.

6. OP
    T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I had to call today to get the reference number so I could print the e-label.
    They should had just kept it the pre-NXE system. Now all consoles are un-registered and no one can register theirs.

It's like theyre oblivious about the problem. Call 18004MYXBOX and they are pushing you to do the repair setup online. I even mentioned the problem both times I called and neither rep said anything about it.

7. n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER The Godfather Retired

Ratings:
    You probably have the same issue that I had earlier this summer. They rushed all the launch consoles and used thermal tape instead of paste which over time and used deteriorates.

8. OP
    T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    That sounds about right. I could tell that the fan was picking up a lot during games, and when I let it sit in the dash, the fan speed would increase even after one minute. I actually booted up my console to the dash to play COD5, but my mom wanted me to go cut some stuff off a tree she couldn't reach, so I turned it off. 5 minutes, I came back later, turned it on, and got the RROD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.