Status
Not open for further replies.
kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
(virus check lastest version: here)

v1.00 Download v1.00 Here
-Has the ability to search individual users.

v1.01 Download v1.01 Here
-Added a auto-updating game list that shows users per game online.

v1.02 Download v1.02 Here
-Added the ability to have a friends list
-Threaded my game list, and friends list loader to get rid of GUI lag
-Added a lil test gamerCard thingy

v1.03 Finally At Least A Beta Click Me
-redid the GUI so that it can now be any size on the monitor (with a font size comboBox)
-added a treeview friends list, so that you can drop down each friend for extra data
-added a data relay that checks my DB first for valid searched data, to take stress off LiNK

The friends updating processes in v1.03 is now like a spider web effect so the more people running it with the same friends will make loading up the friends list much quicker, the person checker requires some major thought of how I want it's final look to be. And I'm working out a way to store a list of last games played for each friend being loaded up. Now for the android version that's about to get the most work done now, I need to basically remake the entire thing so that it can thread it's loading functions just as the windows version does.

Known Bugs Being Fixed
- I see in my database all types of time formats, so people with the same friends if i'm on US time format and your system is default to your countries default time format, we will get error in the program regarding time format. Trying to get a universal format on the timestamp so maybe with ticks i don't know yet just thinking, this one should be easy to fix.

- Also known about is little small problem when re-sizing my 'user's per game list' array. also a easy fix and for now just consider if the last game is listed twice that the last one is always old data.

-- v1.03 Pics --
LiNK%20GameChecker.png
LiNK%20PersonChecker.png
LiNK%20FriendsList.png
LiNK%20FriendManager.png

And for the phone lovers like myself with a quad core, 2GB ram phone (Nexus 4) I present the Android Version <- very beta
---> Android Version Pics <---
Screenshot_2013-05-14-15-10-23.png
Screenshot_2013-05-14-15-10-44.png

Last edited:
kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
updated to include the game that the person's online with

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks quite awesome!

kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
it's okay guys it's just a typo i poop'd out this app in a day :smile:, planing on making a sweet android version, so we can start getting a community like xbl together or something close of that sort

Edit: it wont let me change the thread name, and also either way RGH & RHG could mean the same thing depending on how you look at it :smile:

kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
here's a little teaser i mange to make once again in a day will release again once i get Friends list working on both the windows and android version, i'd say around sometime next weekend when my job gives me some free time.

Edit: will probably release the Android version sooner then that actually to test devices that need tweaking for it to work on. but can't promise it will include the friends list part, i have the apk but for some reason it wont let me install it from the apk, but it works fine when i run it from eclipse, weird but i'll figure it out.

Sin

Sin

Go to hell
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Android version is nice but my main phone is Windows :frown:

kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
i'll see what i can do after these get more out of a beta stage that i consider them in, but thanks cause that's what i need are ideas. over the weekend expect a more updated version for both current released versions, and with a beta type friends list to go along with it hopefully reporting friends in your list online/offline, i'll most likely use simple text to store user id's and go about loading the friends list like that. This should be interesting to see how the android version handles the users per game list loading, and i guess i have to figure out how to make swiping views.

Edit: see you guys all soon, i hope this BOOMzzz are LiNK community, with the new Rtags coming this should be interesting indeed

kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
i thought of an online version, but http://link.jqe360.com/ makes it really pointless i thought, unless your trying to go about makings a ios html app lol

Edit: I do love the fact that you show'd me the user ID lol, cause dame it would be hard finding three people names lmao in my friends list builder. I wonder..... maybe after i can somehow getpinging online friends with quick maybe preset messages for now, since i'm a troll myself and know what alot of people would do if i gave them a textbox to send whatever lol. We'll see how available everyone is.

Ill be hosting a custom room on CoD:Bo2 Friday May 17th, 10:30PM'ish EST to talk about changes that need to happen to make LiNK so much better, please feel free to join and have fun while at it we'll probably be playing some TDM also :smile:. (280KB/s Upload - should be fun)

Last edited:
kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
windows version 1.02 has been released, have fun guys.

Edit: sorry guys but i have to do a full overhaul on how this all loads so that it loads faster and stresses LiNK less this will require more time, but i'll see as to what i can do. suppose maybe if i have something mid week ready i could release it, i'll keep you guys updated, once again sorry for the wait :smile:

Last edited:
kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
A new version has been released to see how many people can actually get this one to work, since it has some very beta stage code regarding relaying most data checks through my DB. First to see if the data chunk (person's php) is still valid or not, by checking a timestamp linked to every person search on LiNK and stored in my DB. So at the moment this will be slower at loading real time results, only by 15 seconds, but now the whole friends list will load up much quicker due to when it loads up from my DB it has full access on it's tables. Also for v1.04 I plan on doing the same thing with the relay Idea just works so much better and LiNK will happier with me and probably wont mind like 7sec updates since it will only grab 1 time every 7 seconds and not do 200-1000 requests every 7 seconds.

This version is all about a test so let me know how it works please and if all goes pretty well i'll do some tweaking here and there depending on errors that show up (i know they will, so please take a picture and post would help, then just hit continue or sometimes you might have to reboot the app on a admin connection error).

Keep me informed on stuff you guys would like to see, and we can get something really nice happening here for v1.04 to come with better mySQL connection/search/read/write code functions and all that good stuff, like hopefully keeping a person's last played game at least to start with for now. Also for those feeling like there friends list isn't loading or friends are showing up multiple times, you guys should have a look at your settings.txt file in notepad and make sure you have one friend per line in there.

Edit: also if you have a friends list of your own already, make sure you copy your friends list (Settings.txt) file from your v1.02 folder and overwrite the one in this v1.03 test folder then your friends should start to load (also please don't try to pass 99 friends for now).

Runs perfect for me everytime so without feedback on errors i can't fix for others, I mean i will make the code better to run smoother which might fix your errors but if you get any showing me would be the best fix
).gif

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm mind explaining how you parsed all the JSON at once?

kidz14

kidz14

Reaction score
Sin$
All the parsing is not at once it's threaded functions that happen in the background to load each friend (well there php info that is), and KaitenThaHax, thankz but that was already pointed out on version 1.00 when it was released and i don't plan on fixing it really (since a flake that is frosted is a frosted flake :smile: ). What i think/wish is that LiNK somewhere actually has those friends you list as friends in game on a table somewhere in their DB (now if only i had access to that this would be a different story, and way way faster loading app). but the best way to explain how it works at the moment is it will first check to see if the currently being searched friend has been searched recently or not, so for example lets say my friends list had only 3 ppl, 1, 2, 3 and now i start the app and you start it at the same time, what will happen is i will grab MR 1's datachunk and store it to my DB, now normally it would move on to Mr 2's data, but because i loaded Mr 1 and stored a timestamp on on in my DB related to when i grab data, and you started the program at the same time Mr 1 wont load for you from the link site but instead will grab the already valid data in my DB, so you would be updating Mr 2's datachunk to my DB, and then i would do Mr 3's data since Mr 2's data would have been loaded by you, and if there was a Mr 4 well then you be loading that one, and so on, and so forth. so the more people that run it with the same friends, the faster the friends will all load up.

Last edited:
thetechnation

AM A BAD MAN

gaming developer
Reaction score
Sin$
(virus check lastest version: here)

v1.00 Download v1.00 Here
-Has the ability to search individual users.

v1.01 Download v1.01 Here
-Added a auto-updating game list that shows users per game online.

v1.02 Download v1.02 Here
-Added the ability to have a friends list
-Threaded my game list, and friends list loader to get rid of GUI lag
-Added a lil test gamerCard thingy

v1.03 Finally At Least A Beta Click Me
-redid the GUI so that it can now be any size on the monitor (with a font size comboBox)
-added a treeview friends list, so that you can drop down each friend for extra data
-added a data relay that checks my DB first for valid searched data, to take stress off LiNK

First off I'll release v1.03 soon, the friends updating processes in v1.03 is now like a spider web effect so the more people running it with the same friends will make loading up the friends list much quicker, the person checker requires some major thought of how I want it's final look to be. And I'm working out a way to store a list of last games played for each friend being loaded up. Now for the android version that's about to get the most work done now, I need to basically remake the entire thing so that it can thread it's loading functions just as the windows version does.

-- v1.03 Pics --
LiNK%20GameChecker.png
LiNK%20PersonChecker.png
LiNK%20FriendsList.png
LiNK%20FriendManager.png

And for the phone lovers like myself with a quad core, 2GB ram phone (Nexus 4) I present the Android Version <- very beta
---> Android Version Pics <---
Screenshot_2013-05-14-15-10-44.png

cool app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register