What's new

Solved RGHing a Trinity with a Coolrunner Rev C

• Thread starter Propanebrain12
  • Start date
  • Views 3,845
P

Propanebrain12

Reaction score
Hey, new to this forum because i wanted to ask something about RGHing my Trinity Xbox with a CR Rev C. First off i am very confused, about: the parts that will be needed for this, people doing it different ways and that using a CR Rev C seems to be quite unusual since they are mostly used of Jaspers by what i have seen support wise. I did compile a small list of items that i need to buy (i already have a solder sucker, screwdrivers that fit and rubbing alcohol) which i will put at the bottom of this thread if you guys would be kind enough to tell me if thats all i need or if theres a certain chip i need. Mostly its where to wire the damn thing, i don't really understand how you wire it to the board and as i said before the parts i need. If anyone could help me i would be really grateful, since i have done quite a bit of research but i only have came across guides that are ridiculously long and in detail about everything but are really hard to understand.

Cheers,

Parts List
-=-=-=-
x1 NAND X NAND-x Flasher Runner New Full Standalone Complete Version With Cables [From Shenzhen, China]
Cost: £35.89 (Postage is free)

x1 Wholesale-Free shipping 1pcs for X360 Super Nand Flasher Burning read board (LPC2148 board)
Cost: £18.00 (Actually $22.44, UK shipping is free)

x1 Coolrunner Rev C for Jasper Trinity Corona Phat & Slim Cable Included [From Shenzhen, China]
Cost: £5.22 (Postage is free)

x1 High AMTECH Soldering Flux Paste RMA-223-TPF NC-559-ASM-UV 10CC Reballing Paste [From Shenzhen, China]
Cost: £5.28 (Postage is £1.99 included in cost)

x1 Fibre Glass Scratch Pencil Brush Clean & Remove Rust Dirt Pen Watch Tools Fiber [From London, United Kingdom]
Cost: £3.45 (Postage is £1.00 included in cost)

Last edited:
N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
i would suggest getting jrprogrammer v2 instead of the nandx (for reasons)
and acev3 for srgh install on your trinity.

P

Propanebrain12

Reaction score
i would suggest getting jrprogrammer v2 instead of the nandx (for reasons)
and acev3 for srgh install on your trinity.

I get why you would swap out the nandx for a jrprogrammer v2, but why an acev3? I was told that the acev3 had slower booting times but with the Coolrunner Rev C (Yes i know i put D by accident, sorry) i could mess around with the chip more and get a boot time of a few seconds.

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score
I get why you would swap out the nandx for a jrprogrammer v2, but why an acev3? I was told that the acev3 had slower booting times but with the Coolrunner Rev C (Yes i know i put D by accident, sorry) i could mess around with the chip more and get a boot time of a few seconds.
The best timing files for trinities are all meant for the Ace chip. You can use the rev c, but it will be harder to achieve the same boot times as a Ace with the S-RGH timing files.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Whoever told u Ace's boot slower on trinity's than a rev c is defInately mistaken. Not to mention the hassles of tailoring your install to the lack of timing files for rev c. (I.e. wrapping wires around xclamp lol). 15432 gave us tons of files to use to match the install rather than other way around .

T

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These two items would be duplicate:

x1 NAND X NAND-x Flasher Runner New Full Standalone Complete Version With Cables [From Shenzhen, China]
Cost: £35.89 (Postage is free)

x1 Wholesale-Free shipping 1pcs for X360 Super Nand Flasher Burning read board (LPC2148 board)
Cost: £18.00 (Actually $22.44, UK shipping is free)

You want one or the other - not both.

P

Propanebrain12

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, really cleared up a lot of my issues. However, replying to TheWeekendModder i'm still a little unsure about the Super Nand Flasher since i thought you needed it to upload the timing files to it?

Cheers

Last edited:
T

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "super nand flasher" is a NandX clone. It can both read/write Xbox 360 nand and flash timing files.

Obviously the NandX can also do both of those things.

The super nand flasher is fine - assuming you get a good one. I resold them on my site for a while but stopped carrying them because their quality control was so bad that something like 25% of what I sold people wanted to return because they couldn't get them to work properly.

In my own use of the "Super Nand Flasher" I found them to work - but often had to plug and unplug the USB many, many, MANY times to get them to read properly. Personally for me it's not worth the hassel to save like $15 and I much prefer the NandX as they're more reliable.

Top Bottom