2. Dumped my NAND with a JR programmer
3. Soldered the Matrix v1 (no oscillator) as he shows in his video
4. Flashed the Matrix with rgh12_21.xsvf
5. Flashed the XellReloaded ECC to my NAND
6. Booted XellReloaded and extracted my CPU key
7. Updated JRunner to support 17544
8. Generated an xeBuild image to support my console
9. Flashed the xeBuild image with the JR Programmer

At this point, I can get into XellReloaded by holding Eject at powerup, but I can't get the system to boot the dashboard. The matrix chip lights up occasionally, but the middle LED on the front ring just blinks forever, and I get no video out.

I also tried using the xeBuild GUI that supports 17544 instead of JRunner, and I've also tried flashing from Xell, but none of that has seemed to help. I also confirmed "glitch2" is selected, as JRunner likes to switch back to JTAG.

Any idea of things I can try from here?

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
No, I have the ROL board and the fan plugged in. HDMI and power are connected to the back.

WM's guide has nothing else plugged in, but maybe that's because he's got a different model?

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
WM diagrams are made on a jasper (same install) but a falcon needs a harddrive to boot.

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
I put the board back into the metal case, and plugged in both the HDD and the DVD drive (both were working before I started, and both appear to be working now)

Still can boot Xell but no dashboard :frown:

ROL center LED is now solid green now, if that means anything.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Blinking led means it thinks the DVD drive is open. Solid is it knowing it is closed. Have you tried flashing back to retail, disconnecting the vcc wire and booting.

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
Flashed back to stock, installed DVD + HDD again, and it boots to the stock dash.

(Whew, at least I didn't fry anything :smile:

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
Anything else I can try? Any other info that would be useful? Still no idea what's going wrong with booting to the xeBuild dash.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Ensure you have the correct cpukey, the easiest way is to connect it via ethernet cable and type in the IP that xell gives you into a browser.
2. Double-check wiring, this should always be the first thing you do anytime anything goes wrong, I have checked 7 times before I found my error once.
3. Ensure that you have RGH 2 option selected without the cr4 box ticked and make sure it is set to 17544.
4. You could also ask for someone to build your nand by supplying them the nanddump1.bin, nanddump2.bin, cpukey and the fact that it is a falcon on 17544.

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
CPU key was copy/paste, but I also tried letting xeBuild grab it directly from Xell just in case. Keys matched what I'd copied/pasted.

Can't really spot anything obviously wrong, but I'll go over my wiring yet again.

Here are all my connections:

I also confirmed that I'm setting up JRunner as described.

Last edited:
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What is the switch for? Also, some of your wires have a lot of exposed wire, try trimming them up to help prevent future shorts. I also recommend switching your ground (green) to the AV shield as it is closer and an easy ground. I would post reference photos but I seem to have deleted them off imgur and I am not home to get them off my computer.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
zvNFuFe.jpg

This wasn't a very good install but here is a reference.

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
I think I got it figured out - after looking at a couple of the close-ups, I thought a couple of the wires looked a bit funky. I resoldered and trimmed the excess (just like your recommendation) and now it's booting quite well!

Thanks for all of your help!

umlonsem

umlonsem

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, when you had asked me to try removing the Vcc line and flash back to stock, I didn't want to have to re-solder the Vcc again to re-enable, so I wired a SPST switch in the middle to save me a couple of extra soldering steps. I wasn't sure how many times I'd have to do that for debug, and I had the switch lying around, so...

Once everything was working, I took it back out. It could be handy to poke the switch out the back if I wanted to go back and forth between stock, but flashing back from stock -> xeBuild would require I leave in and expose the NAND header, and I doubt I'm going to want to go back to stock on this box anyhow.

So, long story short, I was just putting it there temporarily so I didn't have to do any soldering to test my stock NAND for debug.

Top Bottom
Login
Register