What's new

Solved RGH3 Jasper BB, Works great but has slight issues.

D

DalcaConsoles

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Should I be concerned if the Xbox 360 does the following after performing RGH3:

- Xbox occasionally turns off immediately after turning it on.
- Xbox ocasionally red rings after turning it on.
- Xbox ocasionally does this wierd infinite boot where the fan speed syncs up with the ROL power light as it flashes on and off (I hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about, sometimes when I power it off at the right time, the fans go in full speed before shutting down.)

Other than that, I resolve those issues by unplugging the console from power and plugging it back in. The system will work great after that. No freezing or nothing. It even instaboots!

Heres my wiring:()
I use ALT SMC_PLL as my main SMC point, I also use a 22k ohm resistor and a 1N4148 diode. I also programmed the rgh3 with a 10Mhz file.

I also plan to LED strip mod this console, I'm kind of scared about doing that because I feel as if the LED strip will interfere with the glitching and might destroy the system of I do that. Thanks for reading!

Solution
D
UPDATE #2:

Seems that the system performs better when everything is reassembled. I don't know if this is coincidence or what but the system very rarely shuts off upon bootup now. It instaboots almost all the time, like maybe 80% or 90% without much hassle. Maybe the RF shield is helping the console boot consistantly, idk...

I am still using 10k ohm resisitors on PLL and a diode on POST. All wires are positioned and glued down efficiently and the diode & resistor are heat shrinked. Thanks for reading folks.
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
in the tutorial, for phats 10k ohm resistor is recommended. With 22k voltage drop could be too great, creating such anomalies. You could buy kapton tape, instead of using regular electrical tape which over time easily peels off, shrinks and leaves goo residue. Specially in warm environment as inside the console.

D

DalcaConsoles

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
in the tutorial, for phats 10k ohm resistor is recommended. With 22k voltage drop could be too great, creating such anomalies. You could buy kapton tape, instead of using regular electrical tape which over time easily peels off, shrinks and leaves goo residue. Specially in warm environment as inside the console.
Thanks for the tip! Yeah for right now I'm using electric tape just to test the mod. I do use very small dabs of hot glue to hold the wiring down. Gonna go buy some 10K ohm resistors and see if that fixes the issue.

360_Funktionz

360_Funktionz

Reaction score
Sin$
Soooo I'm hearing mixed opinions floating around about the value I should be using for the resistor. It sounds like you were having issues with the 22 ohm resistor if I'm reading this right. Did the 10 ohm work better for you after changing it? I'm about to be working on a Jasper myself

J

jetuaime81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Soooo I'm hearing mixed opinions floating around about the value I should be using for the resistor. It sounds like you were having issues with the 22 ohm resistor if I'm reading this right. Did the 10 ohm work better for you after changing it? I'm about to be working on a Jasper myself
Please note its 10K and not 10 or 22. 10K means 10,000 ohm. The guide mentions 10K so you should try that. These resistors are very cheap, so try to find an assorted pack of resistors so you will save on shipping.

www.sparkfun.com/products/10969

something like this, you can find cheaper ones also.

360_Funktionz

360_Funktionz

Reaction score
Sin$
Please note its 10K and not 10 or 22. 10K means 10,000 ohm. The guide mentions 10K so you should try that. These resistors are very cheap, so try to find an assorted pack of resistors so you will save on shipping.

www.sparkfun.com/products/10969

something like this, you can find cheaper ones also.
Gotcha. Thank you for your clarification on this.

I'm noticing different sites list the wattage as well like 1/4W or 1W when listing the ohm values. Do you know if I should be choosing one of these or the other? The guide doesn't seem to clarify which one's I should be using.

J

jetuaime81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Gotcha. Thank you for your clarification on this.

I'm noticing different sites list the wattage as well like 1/4W or 1W when listing the ohm values. Do you know if I should be choosing one of these or the other? The guide doesn't seem to clarify which one's I should be using.
1/4w would be sufficient. I hope you have 28 or 30awg wires for soldering. Also dont try to solder resistor or diode legs directly to the pads as they can easily rip off; connect the thin wire to both ends of resistor or diode and solder the wire onto the motherboard pad. You can use heatshrink tube to insulate the exposed legs.

D

DalcaConsoles

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE:

Got me some 10k ohm resistors and I'll give my final verdict: I personally see no difference, the system sometimes still shuts off after turning it on. The way I fix that is how I mentioned it on my question, unplug and plug the xbox to power.

This mod is still in beta so I'll assume it'll get better with some adjustments and such. I'm actually okay with how this console I doing, minus that one power bug, at least this one is fixable. Thanks for the tips everyone.

J

jetuaime81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE:

Got me some 10k ohm resistors and I'll give my final verdict: I personally see no difference, the system sometimes still shuts off after turning it on. The way I fix that is how I mentioned it on my question, unplug and plug the xbox to power.

This mod is still in beta so I'll assume it'll get better with some adjustments and such. I'm actually okay with how this console I doing, minus that one power bug, at least this one is fixable. Thanks for the tips everyone.
I am no expert but i assume you checked the console works perfectly fine with retail nand??!! If not that would be the first step.

I believe you are right rgh3 is in beta, but still you can try other values of resistor like 2k to 10k, those cost nothing. Also try using the file other than 10mhz.

D

DalcaConsoles

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE #2:

Seems that the system performs better when everything is reassembled. I don't know if this is coincidence or what but the system very rarely shuts off upon bootup now. It instaboots almost all the time, like maybe 80% or 90% without much hassle. Maybe the RF shield is helping the console boot consistantly, idk...

I am still using 10k ohm resisitors on PLL and a diode on POST. All wires are positioned and glued down efficiently and the diode & resistor are heat shrinked. Thanks for reading folks.

Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register