• Thread starter revurts
  • Start date
  • Views 797
R

revurts

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all,

I tried the TX forums and didn't get any feedback whatsoever, so I wanted to try my luck here. I've installed the CR4 XL in slims prior to this and had amazing results, but after stumbling upon a pretty Jasper and giving it a try, I'm seeing the console refuse to even boot to Xell when glitching. I see the standard 4-5 second gap between pulses but no combination dip switches, post-bit, or caps has produced any results. I've noted the TX link with pictures of my soldering, which I've redone as well, along with JR output.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've also seen buzz in a few threads saying there was a bad batch fo CR4s, what gives? There's no official note on the TX site and previous forum posts note the same mention from ModChipCentral that the CR4 XL may not be the best for phat consoles, but nowhere does it state it does not work at all: ***Images below****

*1st*:

Comparing...
Nands are the same
Glitch2 Selected
CR4 Selected
Jasper 16MB Manually Selected
ECC created
Checking Console..
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00023010
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
CB Version: 6754
Jasper 16MB
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:confused:ec

*Now*:
Checking Console..
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
CB Version: 9188
Trinity
Checking Console..
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
Trinity

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT 3: I'm an idiot. Just linked the TX images here instead.

Last edited:
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello all,

I tried the TX forums and didn't get any feedback whatsoever, so I wanted to try my luck here. I've installed the CR4 XL in slims prior to this and had amazing results, but after stumbling upon a pretty Jasper and giving it a try, I'm seeing the console refuse to even boot to Xell when glitching. I see the standard 4-5 second gap between pulses but no combination dip switches, post-bit, or caps has produced any results. I've noted the TX link with pictures of my soldering, which I've redone as well, along with JR output.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I've also seen buzz in a few threads saying there was a bad batch fo CR4s, what gives? There's no official note on the TX site and previous forum posts note the same mention from ModChipCentral that the CR4 XL may not be the best for phat consoles, but nowhere does it state it does not work at all: ***Images below****

*1st*:

Comparing...
Nands are the same
Glitch2 Selected
CR4 Selected
Jasper 16MB Manually Selected
ECC created
Checking Console..
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
CB Version: 6754
Jasper 16MB
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:confused:ec

*Now*:
Checking Console..
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
Trinity
Checking Console..
Trinity, Jasper 16MB
Trinity

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT 3: I'm an idiot. Just linked the TX images here instead.
Why Didn’t You Try Rjtag Instead Of RGH2?

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/thre...yr-Opus-Falcon-Jasper-Install-Guide-(R-JTAG-)

You Don’t Need Qsb Just Do The Jtag Method With Diodes.

R

revurts

Reaction score
Sin$
Updated Link maybe? : Link
Why Didn’t You Try Rjtag Instead Of RGH2?

You Don’t Need Qsb Just Do The Jtag Method With Diodes.

I already had the CR4 on-hand and didn't think this would be such a pain in the a** to do with RGH2, so I didn't bother looking for the QSBs and whatnot. I can always swing back that way, but "what gives?" is more so my question. Why is this failing to glitch when the CR4 is supposed to be the 'final' glitch solution for phat/slim, and there's no mention of potential fault?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated Link maybe? : Link

I already had the CR4 on-hand and didn't think this would be such a pain in the a** to do with RGH2, so I didn't bother looking for the QSBs and whatnot. I can always swing back that way, but "what gives?" is more so my question. Why is this failing to glitch when the CR4 is supposed to be the 'final' glitch solution for phat/slim, and there's no mention of potential fault?
Yea It’s Suppose To Be But It’s Very Buggy On Phat Consoles.

If I Was You Would Keep CR4 For A Slim And Get A Coolrunner Rev C And Do RGH 1.2 I Mean Your Gonna Get Instant Boot Times With It.

R

revurts

Reaction score
Sin$
Yea It’s Suppose To Be But It’s Very Buggy On Phat Consoles.

If I Was You Would Keep CR4 For A Slim And Get A Coolrunner Rev C And Do RGH 1.2 I Mean Your Gonna Get Instant Boot Times With It.

Where would I go about getting a Rev. C these days? I've done RGH1.0/1.2 plenty of times, but never had an extra laying around.

Top Bottom
Login
Register