• Thread starter forgetmenot
  • Start date
  • Views 27,022
F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

I have a Phat Jasper 512mb Elite, that has been RGH'd by someone else.

It has been working perfectly, with Xell Reloader installed by him.

I installed Dash Launch and FreeStyle Dash, and then decided to follow a guide to configure the launch.ini to autoboot into FSD Bad move :frown:

Upon rebooting my 360, I found it was unable to boot to anything - not even the Xell menu, I now just get a black screen.

I have tried with and without hdmi cables and used a av cable, as I read that might make a difference, but still nothing.

When starting up the xbox, I try to access Xell as I did previously, by using the reset button.

Also tried the normal way a hundred times, but still just a black TV screen.

I don't think the coolrunner installation has been damaged (no wires loose etc).

Clearly something happened software wise when I changed and uploaded the launch.ini, as it happened immediately upon rebooting.

I have been Googling all night, and am none the wiser.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this, and get back into the Xell menu?

At least if I could get to that I could FTP stuff, but since this mess up, the xbox isn't showing on my network.

The green light on 360 is normal - not blinking, but no output to any screen, and the controllers can't sync either.

The installer supplied me with the nanddump, and cpu/dvd keys.

Help appreciated

xMechgamerx123x

xMechgamerx123x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Configuring the launch.ini would have nothing to do with the console not booting. Is the red light on when the console is plugged in? Also, do you get a green flash every few seconds from the coolrunner?

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
yes the coolrunner blinks every few seconds, and there is a small red light I can see through the case holes (not a steady red light). These lights haven't changed. As I said, the only thing that did change, was me altering the launch.ini.

I agree though, it doesn't make sense, I just hope there is a non soldering solution out there...

xMechgamerx123x

xMechgamerx123x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes the coolrunner blinks every few seconds, and there is a small red light I can see through the case holes (not a steady red light). These lights haven't changed. As I said, the only thing that did change, was me altering the launch.ini.

I agree though, it doesn't make sense, I just hope there is a non soldering solution out there...
Did you wait for a few minutes? RGH can take up to 10 minutes if it was done badly.
Also, try taking the hard drive out (removing the modified launch.ini)
If that doesn't work, it probably needs a reflash, which I can do for you.

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Thanks for the replies

Yes I have waited more than 10 minutes for something to happen. As I said, it was definitely my changing the ini that did this, I am confident the Coolrunner installation is good still.

I did try removing the hard drive, last night, but I got the same symptoms - no output to TV, and the controllers not syncing.

I am going to try some more in a bit, after work - can't wait!

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
No progress to speak of. Have spent more time trying to get this to work. Someone suggested I link my PC to the 360s harddrive via Xplorer or similar. I am prepared to try providing it is worth attempting this.
If I could rewrite a working ini back onto the hard drive it might work?
Thing is, I am not sure if this is even feasible, as even with the 360 hd removed, there is still no TV output.
Do you think it is worth connecting my PC to the HD or is this a waste of time given the above?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
No progress to speak of. Have spent more time trying to get this to work. Someone suggested I link my PC to the 360s harddrive via Xplorer or similar. I am prepared to try providing it is worth attempting this.
If I could rewrite a working ini back onto the hard drive it might work?
Thing is, I am not sure if this is even feasible, as even with the 360 hd removed, there is still no TV output.
Do you think it is worth connecting my PC to the HD or is this a waste of time given the above?

Most likely this wouldn't do anything. Unfortunately the symptoms you described are most likely a hardware issue which is possible even if it is a really bad coincidence. Probably a re-flash or re-solder job.

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
When you say a re-flash or solder job, is it possible to re-flash without soldering?

I have been looking all over the internet, but getting nowhere

Thanks

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
When you say a re-flash or solder job, is it possible to re-flash without soldering?

I have been looking all over the internet, but getting nowhere

Thanks

There are a few instances:

1. Some of the solder on the RGH chip broke or shorted. You would have no choice but to open the console, check for shorts, and resolder it.
2. The RGH chip broke. You would have to buy a new one and solder it in.
3. The RGH chip needs to be reflashed. You would have to unsolder and resolder it to do this.
4. You xbox NAND needs to be reflashed (which i think could be your problem because installing dashlaunch does write files to the NAND). In this case you can reflash without soldering if you can somehow get to xell, otherwise you must solder to do this.

So your in a tight spot :frown:

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I am! I am prepared to try some more before quitting.

One question -

at the moment, I have the 360 disassembled, and I can see the Coolrunner chip. From what I can see (comparing to diagrams on net) it looks perfectly installed.

It has a permanent red light on it, but my hard drive isn't attached atm, as I have the hd attached to my pc, ( as suggested before to check stuff in folders via xplorer.)

People keep saying about a green light with the Coolrunner, should it have a green light displaying all the time?

Or just when programming?

Would this green light show at all with the 360 hd unplugged?

Or are they referring to the green light on front of the console?

Advice appreciated

H

HUST13R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The green light should only stay on when the cool runner needs to be programmed. After that the red light should be on when the xbox is turned on at the plug and the green light should only blink every few secs when you first turn the xbox on and its trying to do the glitch.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
The green light should only stay on when the cool runner needs to be programmed. After that the red light should be on when the xbox is turned on at the plug and the green light should only blink every few secs when you first turn the xbox on and its trying to do the glitch.

This.

F

forgetmenot

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I ended up sending the 360 back to the installer, I spent days getting nowhere.

So should someone else come across this post, and think of attempting to fix it themselves (the non solder way) save your time and don't bother. It almost definitely will need to be redone/resoldered.

Am waiting for its return, and this time I will be VERY careful :smile:

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I ended up sending the 360 back to the installer, I spent days getting nowhere.

So should someone else come across this post, and think of attempting to fix it themselves (the non solder way) save your time and don't bother. It almost definitely will need to be redone/resoldered.

Am waiting for its return, and this time I will be VERY careful :smile:
From what you've said about the console I am almost 100% sure it just needed the nand reflashing. If you write the wrong thing to the nand or turn it off at the wrong time you can wipe the nand or corrupt it, which would cause the console to stop booting. Usually you can boot into XeLL with the eject button if you corrupt the dash part and reflash through rawflash or the new XeLL Reloaded, otherwise you need a physical nand flasher such as the nand-x.

W

wizaro

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a similar issue I can’t get back to the xell reloaded menu, my Xbox will boot to ms dashboard but I can’t get xell to boot hitting reset. Any idea on what route I should go ? Thanks

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure you'll get "Xell" to boot by pressing the consoles "EJECT" button.Every Jtag and every RGH i've ever done (too many to count) all boot "Xell" by pressing the boards "Eject" button.Unless you went and changed something in the J-Runner settings before you flashed "Xell" or the wrote the hacked nand image to the nand.

Top Bottom
Login
Register