What's new

Solved RGH Xbox takes too long to boot...

• Thread starter powmod
  • Start date
  • Views 24,266
powmod

powmod

Reaction score
Sin$
...but only after I turn it off.
When I go to play it the first time of the day (after it has been turned off for the night), it boots quite fast, in a matter of seconds, most of the time; but if I turn it off and then try to turn if back on a short time after, it won't boot at all, no matter how many times I try. I have to wait a few hours (4 hours seems to be the average of how much I have to wait) for it to boot again.

Is this pattern normal and is there anything I can do to fix this? I didn't do the hack myself, and never opened my Xbox, but I would be willing to if there is a way to fix this problem.

It's very annoying, because sometimes I turn the Xbox off and my brother wants to play afterwards, but has to wait a good amount of hours before being able to.

Sin

Sin

Go to hell
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
An Xbox slim.

What exactly should I be looking for? I'm a noob at this...
Could be a few things. As Dini Dini said it could be your server you're using. It could also be your console heating up. My friends Xenon RGH would do that **** when it got hot. You can also try clearing your HDD and starting fresh as the HDD was one of my older problems of boot times because it was taking a while to load wtf ever I had on it.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The contents of the hdd shouldn't effect the boot time, only how long it takes to get to dash once booted. As pointed out above its probably soldering or the chip used.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine does this too, sometimes. If I turn it on, then turn it off and turn it back on right away, 2/5 times it won't boot. I usually just leave it off for like, 5 minutes and it'll be fine again. Other than that rare occurrence, the Trinity I have will boot almost instantly.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine does this too, sometimes. If I turn it on, then turn it off and turn it back on right away, 2/5 times it won't boot. I usually just leave it off for like, 5 minutes and it'll be fine again. Other than that rare occurrence, the Trinity I have will boot almost instantly.
Same. I usually reboot mine 2-3 times and it works fine.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
...but only after I turn it off.
When I go to play it the first time of the day (after it has been turned off for the night), it boots quite fast, in a matter of seconds, most of the time; but if I turn it off and then try to turn if back on a short time after, it won't boot at all, no matter how many times I try. I have to wait a few hours (4 hours seems to be the average of how much I have to wait) for it to boot again.

Is this pattern normal and is there anything I can do to fix this? I didn't do the hack myself, and never opened my Xbox, but I would be willing to if there is a way to fix this problem.

It's very annoying, because sometimes I turn the Xbox off and my brother wants to play afterwards, but has to wait a good amount of hours before being able to.
For me, I usually just turn off the power strip after I'm done on my RGH. If I don't do that, the next time it boots can be longer than usual.

If doing that does not work, you could always open it up and try to improve the soldering or perhaps shortening the length of some of the wires. I should note though, I would not recommend this as it most likely not even needed.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Same. I usually reboot mine 2-3 times and it works fine.
Although that may happen from time to time, we know that's not normal and shouldn't happen all the time right??

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Although that may happen from time to time, we know that's not normal and shouldn't happen all the time right??
I would say it's normal. It doesn't boot because it doesn't glitch. If you keep rebooting, it'll glitch less in that cycle of repeated reboots.

In other words, if you can see the light emitting from the chip inside of the console, the times that it doesn't boot, the little green light doesn't flash. :tongue:

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say it's normal. It doesn't boot because it doesn't glitch. If you keep rebooting, it'll glitch less in that cycle of repeated reboots.

In other words, if you can see the light emitting from the chip inside of the console, the times that it doesn't boot, the little green light doesn't flash. :tongue:
But that's what I'm saying. A good install and chip should glitch every time.

T

Todonow

Reaction score
Sin$
If your plugins are to large it may take longer or something is damage after i did the plugins it takes a while i think the minimum plugins you should use is three.

Top Bottom
Login
Register