Question RGH Xbox doesn't boot up.

• Thread starter ThatKidPsycho
  • Start date
  • Views 452
T

ThatKidPsycho

Reaction score
Sin$
Yesterday I wanted to download Skate 3 for my RGH console so I did, it worked perfectly fine. The game ran smoothly with 0 problems. Before I went to bed, I had changed the Default path in Dashlaunch to boot straight to aurora. Also another thing I'd like to point out I was going through the regular Xbox settings like wifi and storage and saw that the HDD said Unformatted Device. I've got a slight feeling that's what my issue is. But when I boot up my console, the screen stays black and my console fan sounds like a jet. I don't know much about console modding, but would there be another solution other than formatting my HDD and I guess removing all my games the console already came with?

77tontos

77tontos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not sure the HDD would be causing it. Does it boot if its removed? There are a lot of things that could be causing it. In my personal experience I had to re-flash my console when this happened.

T

ThatKidPsycho

Reaction score
Sin$
Im not sure the HDD would be causing it. Does it boot if its removed? There are a lot of things that could be causing it. In my personal experience I had to re-flash my console when this happened.
Haven't tried booting without HDD or if it would even boot. Although think I saw a video about re-flashing it, except I'm not too confident opening up my console and possibly breaking something.

Here's a small vid i recorded, not sure if it will hope anyways though

Last edited:
77tontos

77tontos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In the past I have had issues booting through an xbox one. Try plugging in direct to the TV with an hdmi you know works. Try every so often and you may get lucky. If it does boot try flashing the latest dashboard again.

if you do end up having to go the route of opening it up. I recommend it. Its not as expensive to f*** up anymore. I eventually did and even installed QSB ports so I would never have to open it again. Learned soldering in the process and even installed a chip for my uncle after that. Otherwise I know a couple of people who service them if you don't know where to go and don't want to risk opening it, if your interested.

Edit: Also try unplugging the power for a few minutes and trying again

T

ThatKidPsycho

Reaction score
Sin$
In the past I have had issues booting through an xbox one. Try plugging in direct to the TV with an hdmi you know works. Try every so often and you may get lucky. If it does boot try flashing the latest dashboard again.

if you do end up having to go the route of opening it up. I recommend it. Its not as expensive to f*** up anymore. I eventually did and even installed QSB ports so I would never have to open it again. Learned soldering in the process and even installed a chip for my uncle after that. Otherwise I know a couple of people who service them if you don't know where to go and don't want to risk opening it, if your interested.

Edit: Also try unplugging the power for a few minutes and trying again
Thanks! I did what you said and unplugged it for about 5 minutes and it booted perfectly like before. Glad I didn't open it up and possibly ruined it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register