What's new

Question RGH Xbox 360 plays video DVDs but not DVD games

R

R3G00

Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox doesn't play DVD games anymore, but it doesn't say ''Play DVD'',it says ''Play Game on Disc'' but when I press it either nothing happens or restarts Aurora
Just some info: I didn't swap my dvd drive, I just flashed the xbox to the newest dash but I didn't mess with my DVD key

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox doesn't play DVD games anymore, but it doesn't say ''Play DVD'',it says ''Play Game on Disc'' but when I press it either nothing happens or restarts Aurora
Just some info: I didn't swap my dvd drive, I just flashed the xbox to the newest dash but I didn't mess with my DVD key
Is it a slim, if so you might need to have fcrt.bin in the nand for your drive.

Byrom

Byrom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it is, but I disabled fcrt.bin checking in the flasher
That's most likely your issue. Iirc you only need to tick that option if the original nand with the correct fcrt.bin was lost and you needed to use a donor nand. Ticking that option just skips the check for it to prevent the console displaying an error and allows it to boot but the DVD drive won't work correctly.

R

R3G00

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, thankfully I do have my original NAND dump so I'm just gonna do the flashing once again. Thank you, I will finally have some space after I delete all the games I have on disc and download some new ones :smile::smile::smile: Thanks again!

R

R3G00

Reaction score
Sin$
Happy to report back that everything works perfectly now. Couldn't have predicted how easy the fix was I don't even know why I turned it on.

R

Real4thGen

Reaction score
Sin$
I’m having that same problem but I have the original fcrt.bin(well 2 of them from extracting the file not sure which to use). How do you add it onto the new flash?

Top Bottom
Login
Register