• Thread starter TLRxModzZ
  • Start date
  • Views 2,287
T

TLRxModzZ

Noob programmer/RGH support/Host
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so basically I got a xbox360 rgh elite with a trinity mother board the problem I'm experiencing is that the wireless doesn't work, only works through Ethernet! Is this a setup problem ie do I need to go onto dash launch and change the configuration or is it a hardware ? Any how I'm not really to bothered at them moment of fixing it as I'm next to my router but in a few months I won't be so would be nice to have the wireless work instead of me setting up a new router into my games room etc

***edit****
I forgot to mention that the only thing I've ever changed on dash launch is plugins.
Also the console is homemade/ built at home so nothing was setup or pre-installed

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So you must have a retail sitting around? If yes, does that connect wireless?
If not, reboot or reset router

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
So you must have a retail sitting around? If yes, does that connect wireless?
If not, reboot or reset router
yeah and that connects + Ive tried the wireless card in my rgh and it won't connect/ won't find any wifi tbh my rgh has never been wireless just would be nice to get it worki so I can change rooms.
When you first start your rgh for the very first time ie when you've just built it, is there any things you have to change in dash launch ? I remember hearing you needed to turn live block off for when you connect online but as soon as I got ninja it just connected online anyway via Ethernet so I've never actually changed it or bothered to solve it.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Posibility that wifi card on your xbox is not compatible with your wifi router transmiting standard.

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Then open up the slim and replace the wifi port. You'll probably have to buy a broken trinity, and use that wifi port. I would use a hot air gun to remove the port. Not a heat gun. Be very patient when you do it, and don't try and pry it off.
Then solder the replacement

Don't think it has anything to do with dashlaunch

P

ppcasm

Reaction score
Sin$
I know I'm like 4 years late here. I had the same issue, and not exactly sure what caused it, but I was able to fix this. Mine was a v3 Corona board that would always say no wifi networks detected. I fixed this by staying at the wifi configuration screen and unplugging and plugging in the internal wifi adapter. This will make your networks show up temporarily and you MUST connect to one of them, and after that it should be able to scan networks all the time. If you don't connect and save then it goes back to showing no networks again. Hope this helps someone.

Top Bottom
Login
Register