Solved Rgh won't connects wirelessly

• Thread starter TLRxModzZ
  • Start date
  • Views 600
T

TLRxModzZ

Noob programmer/RGH support/Host
Reaction score
Ok so basically I got a xbox360 rgh elite with a trinity mother board the problem I'm experiencing is that the wireless doesn't work, only works through Ethernet! Is this a setup problem ie do I need to go onto dash launch and change the configuration or is it a hardware ? Any how I'm not really to bothered at them moment of fixing it as I'm next to my router but in a few months I won't be so would be nice to have the wireless work instead of me setting up a new router into my games room etc

***edit****
I forgot to mention that the only thing I've ever changed on dash launch is plugins.
Also the console is homemade/ built at home so nothing was setup or pre-installed

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
So you must have a retail sitting around? If yes, does that connect wireless?
If not, reboot or reset router

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
So you must have a retail sitting around? If yes, does that connect wireless?
If not, reboot or reset router
yeah and that connects + Ive tried the wireless card in my rgh and it won't connect/ won't find any wifi tbh my rgh has never been wireless just would be nice to get it worki so I can change rooms.
When you first start your rgh for the very first time ie when you've just built it, is there any things you have to change in dash launch ? I remember hearing you needed to turn live block off for when you connect online but as soon as I got ninja it just connected online anyway via Ethernet so I've never actually changed it or bothered to solve it.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posibility that wifi card on your xbox is not compatible with your wifi router transmiting standard.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Posibility that wifi card on your xbox is not compatible with your wifi router transmiting standard.
But my retail 360 works ? And it's the exact same one?

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Then open up the slim and replace the wifi port. You'll probably have to buy a broken trinity, and use that wifi port. I would use a hot air gun to remove the port. Not a heat gun. Be very patient when you do it, and don't try and pry it off.
Then solder the replacement

Don't think it has anything to do with dashlaunch

Top Bottom