Solved RGH wont boot, black screen.

• Thread starter XBLValid
  • Start date
  • Views 17,496
XBLValid

XBLValid

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello so i got my rgh almost 1 month ago (2 days will make it one month) and usually sometimes when i turn it off and try turning it back on after sleeping or whatever. it wouldn't boot i'd have to wait or cool it down or plug it out etc. but today i was playing mw2 tu6 and i killed myself then it just randomly froze. i then turned it off and turned it back on and it is no longer booting. its been 4 hours i've tried everything. i tried turning it on with the eject button ,nothing, tried powering it on and then pressing eject ,nothing, taking out HDD and starting ,nothing, tried cooling it off multiple times by putting it in front of AC. it is an 250gb trinity rgh. any help?

i've got a folder with the backup nand but my rgh wont load when i go to xellreloaded aswell

Last edited:
ModdingHaven

ModdingHaven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How would I know what's wrong
Well, you should always start by checking if the console is glitching. To do that, just look through the top of the case and you should see a red light. That is the glitch chip, when you power the console on, check in that spot to see if there is a pulsing green light. If there isn't, then it is probably something wrong with the install... If there is, then it could be something such as a corrupted nand as mentioned.

XBLValid

XBLValid

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, you should always start by checking if the console is glitching. To do that, just look through the top of the case and you should see a red light. That is the glitch chip, when you power the console on, check in that spot to see if there is a pulsing green light. If there isn't, then it is probably something wrong with the install... If there is, then it could be something such as a corrupted nand as mentioned.
I see the green light

xIIJazza

xIIJazza

Collecting gym badges.®
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So you're saying it can't boot xell. You don't have a USB or anything connected? Can it boot xell with no HDD attached?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So if your seeing the green debug light flashing inside then it's glitching but not booting. You will need to send it in along with your nand dumps to be diag'd . There's not much more you can do aside from taking it apart and looking for a disconnected solder joint/wire etc.

Edit: if I were you i would contact the seller first and see if he will help you out since it's only 1 month old.

ModdingHaven

ModdingHaven

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I see the green light
That is a good sign. Usually, when you can see the glitch pulses it is not a soldering issue but rather an issue with the nand or something along those lines. As suggested I would contact the seller, however, I would also try to remove the hdd and try to boot xell. If you can get the console to boot to xell then you can reflash the nand through it.

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You said "cool it down", which means it's overheating, which can relate to freezing = reflow or reball is in the near future

XBLValid

XBLValid

Reaction score
Sin$
You said "cool it down", which means it's overheating, which can relate to freezing = reflow or reball is in the near future
i took a guess and thought it was overheating, so i plugged it out and let it cool down. 
So you're saying it can't boot xell. You don't have a USB or anything connected? Can it boot xell with no HDD attached?
nope i tried taking it out and booting it like that still didnt boot 
So if your seeing the green debug light flashing inside then it's glitching but not booting. You will need to send it in along with your nand dumps to be diag'd . There's not much more you can do aside from taking it apart and looking for a disconnected solder joint/wire etc.

Edit: if I were you i would contact the seller first and see if he will help you out since it's only 1 month old.
ok the person i bought it off was Colorado Mods i know he's on this website i messaged him he does $15 plus the return shipping and the shipping to him. is there anyone else cheaper haha if not its fine just trying to get the best bargain

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
how long have you had it again? im sure if he realizes its not something you did to mess it up and something with the install he will help you out.

Ink

Ink

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
This may sound dumb but check your HDMI if you use it.. ik when i had my trinity the one time i couldnt get it to boot and here the hdmi wasnt fully plugged in lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register