What's new

Solved rgh woes...

Q

quest2

Reaction score
Okay second attempt at rgh 1.2 after my first console rrod upon writing retail nand. Again 16mb jasper x360 ace v3, wouldn't boot again, tried another chip still nothing. It won't boot with the dynamic file so tried all 30 if_you_mad files, nothing.
Should I try the ace_noclk timing files in the old pack?
Now I don't think it's my soldering, since I can't see myself getting it wrong 3 times. I would post pics but I don't think I've got any cameras good enough to show anything of use.
Where do I go from here try a coolrunner?

N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Okay second attempt at rgh 1.2 after my first console rrod upon writing retail nand. Again 16mb jasper x360 ace v3, wouldn't boot again, tried another chip still nothing. It won't boot with the dynamic file so tried all 30 if_you_mad files, nothing.
Should I try the ace_noclk timing files in the old pack?
Now I don't think it's my soldering, since I can't see myself getting it wrong 3 times. I would post pics but I don't think I've got any cameras good enough to show anything of use.
Where do I go from here try a coolrunner?
You'd pretty much have to post pics of the install in order for us to see where the problem might be.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
As said above pics are needed for us to see the problem. I feel like it really is a soldering issue so we’d have to see the points to judge them.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try matrix chip. Simple, but good. I see many new to modding have problems with ace chips. I have 2 jaspers and 1 falcon with these chips, no problems.

You get rrod, because you installed it incorrectly.

Q

quest2

Reaction score
Finally got a matrix from china but still no luck.
If I decide to do a third xbox I will get a new soldering iron. I did this with a 12w iron with a fine tip It was good for that job but it doesn't have the heat for an xbox, so I did some points with an old soldering iron with a big chisel tip, think that must have damaged something I can't see with the n***d eye. edit lol filtered |\|aked
So what soldering iron should I get and what other equipment do you use? + have you got any tips for working on these things?

Top Bottom