What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question | RGH |What do KV’s do?

XboxOneGamerrrrr

XboxOneGamerrrrr

Reaction score
Sin$
So recently I’ve been wanting to get into modding and so I’ve been learning about everything I would need for my rgh. I would buy an rgh that comes with the necessary downloads pre-installed, and I know that I have to buy server time. (But I actually don’t know if I have to also buy Xbox live or not…) and I know that I’d need to use my laptop to install stuff and transfer it to my Xbox. But the one thing that confuses me is the KV’s. Do I need to buy one? Because there are people that say KV’s stops your account from being banned, some say it stops your Xbox’s from being banned. Others have said that you don’t need a KV to play. People have said that you can’t play with your main account even if you have a KV because you’ll get banned. But then others have said that they kept getting banned even though they use a kv, from every few months, to being banned every few days. And then some say that when your account/xbox gets banned, you need a KV to play (does that mean it unbans you?)

When I mod, I’d be playing online, and ideally I would want to play on my main account, so would I need a KV? How exactly would it work if I buy server time from a popular rgh server? If I use a KV does it stop my main account from being banned or my Xbox? Or do I only need to buy one and use one if my account/xbox gets banned? I’m new and so this is all so confusing because people say different things lol and I want to be sure…

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Banned console means banned account too. KV spoofs your original consoles, many use as a precaution. Or unban console.
Most known servers give basic stealth service for free including live gold spoofing. Live gold spoofing only works with COD:BO2 and above cods.
Most vanilla experience no nonsense stealth server is PROTO and its free: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...rvice-jtag-rgh-xdk-requires-xbl-gold.1834016/

Paying for xbox live is a waste of money, go buy a PS3 and cheap games :biggrin:
Almost all popular online games on 360 are semi dead anyways and infested with cheaters.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
But I actually don’t know if I have to also buy Xbox live or not
I always suggest buying Xbox live time. Some stealth services spoof live but not for all games.

KV’s. Do I need to buy one? Because there are people that say KV’s stops your account from being banned, some say it stops your Xbox’s from being banned.
You typically need to buy them, yes. Some stealth servers have “No KV Mode” which is just fancy terms meaning they supply a KV that is spoofed to your console to get you online - and you share this KV with potentially hundreds of people at once time.
KVs do not stop you or your console from being banned. KV (Keyvault) is what gets banned, when your console gets banned. You replace a KV and you’re unbanned again.

People have said that you can’t play with your main account even if you have a KV because you’ll get banned. But then others have said that they kept getting banned even though they use a kv, from every few months, to being banned every few days. And then some say that when your account/xbox gets banned, you need a KV to play (does that mean it unbans you?)
I would NEVER bring my main account onto my RGH consoles. Anytime you connect to live with a modded console you run the risk of the account and console being banned.
KVs do not stop you from being banned (stealth servers make your console look like a retail, unmodded console.)
The worse the stealth server, the quicker the bans are to KVs. A good trusted server like Proto will last you many months to years on (1) KV file. You may get a few accounts banned in that time frame, but more than likely no KV (console) bans.

A new, unbanned, kv will unban your banned rgh.

XboxOneGamerrrrr

XboxOneGamerrrrr

Reaction score
Sin$
Banned console means banned account too. KV spoofs your original consoles, many use as a precaution. Or unban console.
Most known servers give basic stealth service for free including live gold spoofing. Live gold spoofing only works with COD:BO2 and above cods.
Most vanilla experience no nonsense stealth server is PROTO and its free: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...rvice-jtag-rgh-xdk-requires-xbl-gold.1834016/

Paying for xbox live is a waste of money, go buy a PS3 and cheap games :biggrin:
Almost all popular online games on 360 are semi dead anyways and infested with cheaters.
haha thank you ok. And would gold spoofing work on mw3 then? And if I make an new account to mod with but I get console banned, when I use a new kv is that account still banned?
Post automatically merged:

I always suggest buying Xbox live time. Some stealth services spoof live but not for all games.

You typically need to buy them, yes. Some stealth servers have “No KV Mode” which is just fancy terms meaning they supply a KV that is spoofed to your console to get you online - and you share this KV with potentially hundreds of people at once time.
KVs do not stop you or your console from being banned. KV (Keyvault) is what gets banned, when your console gets banned. You replace a KV and you’re unbanned again.

I would NEVER bring my main account onto my RGH consoles. Anytime you connect to live with a modded console you run the risk of the account and console being banned.
KVs do not stop you from being banned (stealth servers make your console look like a retail, unmodded console.)
The worse the stealth server, the quicker the bans are to KVs. A good trusted server like Proto will last you many months to years on (1) KV file. You may get a few accounts banned in that time frame, but more than likely no KV (console) bans.

A new, unbanned, kv will unban your banned rgh.
Ok thank you! Haha ok that cleared some things up and it makes sense now… so I’ll probably make a seperate modding account and hope to not get banned then lol…

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register