What's new

Unsolved RGH Update Problem

• Thread starter TrickyModz_YT
  • Start date
  • Views 215
T

TrickyModz_YT

Reaction score
i couldn't seem to find the fix for this so i'm posting my issue, bout a few months back i would mod on gtav and advanced warfare and everything worked just fine (fyi) then one day i boot up my rgh and it says there is a update, so i thought meh the worst that could happen is i get bricked idk, i click yes and it goes through the process of downloading the update but then it brings up the same update message I clicked yes and repeated this about 8 times, but to no avail!!! any help is appreciated thanks in advance :smile: (liveblock is disabled btw so thats not the problem)

R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Reaction score
Clear cache, update if prompted again.

T

TrickyModz_YT

Reaction score
Clear cache, update if prompted again.
i cleared the cache on hdd1 since everytime i launch the default dashboard my rgh crashes (my default dash is fsd3)
edit: it didnt work sorry i forgot to put that in

Last edited:
I

ilacedurweed

Reaction score
do you get the boot up logo? or are you just getting a black screen when you start the console?
If you are getting a black screen then you most likely bricked the console. For example when I had to update MW3 the other day to give my friend a maxed account I took the HDD out of my RGH and put it into a retail Xbox I have connected to a VPN. Then I started up MW3 and just update and move my HDD back to my RGH.

T

TrickyModz_YT

Reaction score
do you get the boot up logo? or are you just getting a black screen when you start the console?
If you are getting a black screen then you most likely bricked the console. For example when I had to update MW3 the other day to give my friend a maxed account I took the HDD out of my RGH and put it into a retail Xbox I have connected to a VPN. Then I started up MW3 and just update and move my HDD back to my RGH.
yeah i can boot up my xbox just fine, i'm pretty sure i'm not bricked because i can get to fsd3 and launch games (as far as i know since i have fake anim my screen would just stay black if i was bricked)

I

ilacedurweed

Reaction score
yeah i can boot up my xbox just fine, i'm pretty sure i'm not bricked because i can get to fsd3 and launch games (as far as i know since i have fake anim my screen would just stay black if i was bricked)
So when you start up the game through FSD3 does it crash or just keep giving you the constant update message?

T

TrickyModz_YT

Reaction score
So when you start up the game through FSD3 does it crash or just keep giving you the constant update message?
games run fine but everytime i launch any title except for a emulator it asks me to update my console not my game

T

TrickyModz_YT

Reaction score
You are on 17544?
no im on 17526 and the dashboard crash was because of the update window itself everytime i close it when im on anything but fsd it crashes my rgh -insert angry face here-

R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Reaction score
If you are on 17526 and hit yes on the update, you may have partially bricked it. Can you still get onto xexmenu when disconnected to the internet?

R

Risking Perfect

Xbox 360 Tech Support
Staff
Reaction score
Send me a pm and I will help you update it and hopefully fix it.

Top Bottom